Procurement Manager Marketing - Shire Park
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Marketing Procurement Manager to join the Tesco procurement team. This role will require an extensive marketing procurement category background with particular strengths and experience in the Media, Insight and PR categories preferred. This is an exciting time to join the Tesco Marketing Procurement team. We have developed strong working relationships with the marketing leadership team and have built comprehensive UK and International plans in partnership. This role will be pivotal in delivering commercial excellence within key marketing change programmes, whilst also developing clear procurement strategies to maximise the value of the marketing budgets. The Tesco Procurement team is leading the Tesco cost base transformation as it targets a £500m cost base reduction by 20/21. The role will require an element of international travel as we expect the role to develop and implement international buying strategies to leverage our total marketing spend.
- To develop and deliver procurement strategies. Ensure strong relationships with suppliers & stakeholders continue to be developed and maintained internationally. Deliver great value contracts.
- Develop and implement projects which truly support the Tesco transformation priorities
- Opportunity for individual development in both procurement and marketing and with exposure to senior stakeholders.
- Excellent, clearly defined training programme
- The opportunity to work and build strategies across our UK business units and international
- Lead change programme projects working shoulder to shoulder with senior marketing stakeholders
- Writing and delivering the Procurement plan for the services you're responsible for
- Developing strong working relationships with the stakeholder base (internally and external suppliers) to understand and influence requirements
- Controlling the business spend through improved use of tools and processes
- Source potential new suppliers and assess their sustainability to supply Tesco, minimising risk and optimising service
- Enhancing existing supplier relationships to ensure continued suitability and creating greater value
- Consolidating supplier volumes in order to create a manageable category
- Continually assess and review the supply base to manage total cost, quality and availability
- Assess the opportunity to maximise international scale
- Be seen as a procurement category leader internally and externally
- Work shoulder to shoulder with key stakeholders in delivering world class supplier relationship management
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
The Ideal Candidate
- Commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- Supplier relationship and performance management
- Category Planning
- Contract management
- Cross functional working & stakeholder engagement
- Proven track record of delivering international and multi-business pitches, negotiations and contracts within procurement
- High standards of ethics and personal integrity and development of self and others.
- At least five years Marketing Procurement / buying experience preferably in Media, Insight and PR.
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is 'Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day'.
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses