F&f Assistant Buyer – Footwear - Hatfield
The buying team are responsible for developing and sourcing great product ranges, as well as making key decisions on colours, trends, and materials. The Buying teams work hand in hand with teams across F&F including Merchandisers, Marketing, Product Technologists and Suppliers to ensure that F&F deliver exactly what our customers want, at a price they love.
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
- Providing support to keep function running smoothly- preparing information, product or analysis (including Monday trade)
- Conducting regular store/website visits to understand our competition ranges and prices and to help shape our future product and range requirements.
- Identifying new product opportunities and understanding how to work through the different stages of product development from concept to production in order to bring new products to the ranges.
- Active involvement in range building process to support my manager to deliver great products and great ranges hitting all the key meeting milestones.
-Negotiating (with support from my manager) prices across multiple products. Understanding product components, technical requirements, sourcing and supply chain issues and commercial margin parameters.
- Liaising with HUBs and suppliers to monitor critical path taking actions to ensure on time delivery
- Day-to-Day management of Buying Administrators within the team, developing both their technical and leadership skills
- Understanding and supporting the departmental sourcing strategy.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
The Ideal Candidate
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Buying Footwear
- Product development
- Range building
- Building relationships with suppliers
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and wider teams
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication skills
- Ability to present confidently to wide audiences
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We're driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world's leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based in Hatfield
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses