Location Data Analysis Manager - Welwyn Garden City
Enabling the Property function to make better decisions, both financial and for customers, through the delivery of data, simple tools and analysis around stores, catchments and property activity.
• Managing Location Planning's local UK/ROI databases through loading external data, running automated processes (especially sales and clubcard) and maintaining GIS layers.
• Understanding local performance of stores through analysis of their catchment and performance, using this to create simple local models or insight when required.
• Working with the Property Research shared service team to implement the global technology plan locally especially through providing training and access to local data; and feeding back local requirements and suggestions for improvements.
• Being the technical expert in our key tools (Excel, Alteryx, GIS, Teradata, SQL server) and training the Location Planning Managers on Alteryx and GIS specifically.
• Creation of simple tools in Excel, GIS and Alteryx to support projects or enable access of local data.
• Supporting and coaching my fellow team members, through sharing knowledge, experience and technical expertise.
• Providing access of our local data to other functions so they can make better decisions.
• Documenting Location Planning's data, processes and tools.
• Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
The Ideal Candidate
- GIS (ideally ArcGIS), SQL / Excel and strong IT skills.
- Understanding of demographic and spatial data.
- Able to confidently communicate complex issues to a wide range of audiences, in both the written and verbal form.
- Previous development, analytical or data management role, using similar technologies.
- Role working with users to understand needs and defining suitable technological solutio
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is 'Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day'.
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses