Head Of Content - Shire Park
The Content Centre of Excellence is a fast paced and multi-functional team of experts, responsible for creating world class marketing campaigns through content. Specifically, we set the strategy for content, and plan, create, distribute and evaluate our content across a multitude of channels.
You'll see our content everywhere: on our social media platforms, in Tesco magazine (the UK's most-read publication), on our website and in other places like our gift guide. We also write and design the emails that get sent to customers and direct mail they get through the post, to name but a few.
At Tesco, our purpose is to make sure we're always "serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day". We bear this in mind when creating all content - making sure that it's as helpful as possible for our customers, whilst allowing us to stand out.
We work closely alongside the wider business, making sure that the content we create contributes to Tesco's wider business strategy - and the core purpose we mentioned earlier. We may be the country's biggest retailer, but we want customers to feel like we're talking directly to them in a friendly way.
This is what we'll expect you to do and how we'll measure your success when you do it. But bear in mind that specific responsibilities can change, as they depend on the changing needs of the business.
For now, though, you will:
- Set the strategy and vision for Content at Tesco, including clear, measureable KPI's that align to our Brand Health model and core business needs.
- Lead the team to deliver end to end content planning, creation and evaluation, rooted in customer insight, whilst ensuring we have processes in place to guarantee quality control, whilst delivering at pace.
- Work closely with the Campaign teams to deliver content that supports each brief, and ultimately delivers against wider brand and business objectives.
- Be the champion for digital, encouraging the wider Marketing Comms team and our agency partners to think 'digital first' when developing work.
- Work closely with the Media Planning team and media agency to ensure that we are taking an effective, innovative, measurable and industry leading approach to our paid media for content, taking into account industry developments and best practice.
- Increase the visibility and impact of social listening and data throughout the business - not just using the data to review activity, but also to spot proactive opportunities and help plan propositions.
- Further develop an effective measurement strategy that looks to prove the effectiveness and impact of content as a whole, and isolates the impact of individual channels.
- Lead relationships with key creative agencies, setting the annual retainer, review process and scope of work for our Content agency.
- Maintain brilliant relationships with media and platform owners (e.g. Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat) and build collaborative annual plans to drive the content strategy forward.
- Work closely with Procurement to drive efficiencies and optimisation across all relationships
- Develop and lead a high performing team with a wide range of backgrounds (from apprentice students to designers with over 15 years experience).
- Forecast and manage budgets effectively, taking a cost conscious approach to all work.
- Follow our Business Code of Conduct and always act with integrity and due diligence
The Ideal Candidate
Key Skills and Experience
- At least 8 years' experience of leading a large team, delivering successful, integrated content
- Experience with agencies - developing creative work, but also agency management
- Plenty of digital experience - you'll need to confidently lead on, whilst continually upskilling the wider team on digital media plans, creative best practice and social platform intricacies and developments
- Experience of channel planning - building strong business cases for investment in one channel over another (e.g. Magazine vs DM, online video vs TV) using data and industry best practice
- A solid understanding of tracking and measurement best practice and application, as well as the ability to analyse and interpret performance data
- To be confident managing and influencing senior stakeholders, whilst motivating a large and multi-functional team with a range of experience
- A strong customer focus
- A great creative eye
- A Bachelor's degree or demonstrable experience; an advanced degree or industry qualification would be a plus
- Experience working at an agency or media owner would be beneficial
- A confident, sociable type who enjoys working as part of a lively and dynamic team
- Well organised, flexible, pragmatic, creative and a lateral thinker
- Someone with an inquisitive mind who's motivated and always wants to do the right thing for our customers
- A great communicator at all levels
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- More than capable of juggling lots of different tasks at the same time
- Someone who's passionate about leading a great team and investing in the personal development and wellbeing of their team.
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is 'Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day'.
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- Car Allowance of £7,320 pro-rata per annum
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- A retirement savings plan: 6%-10% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Health Screening every 2 years
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses