F&f Buying Manager - Hatfield
About The Ladieswear team
The ladieswear team is a team of Buying, Merchandising, Design and Technical specialists responsible for managing the development, buying and delivering of all ladieswear clothing that is sold in all Tesco channels - in stores and online
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
- Creating a top line strategy for the department and working with the Design, Technical and Merchandiser to deliver this each season.
- Working with the design team and supply base to research and develop product ranges which will excite the customer, hitting seasonal trends and raising the bar on quality.
- Building customer focused ranges for the department that deliver for all store formats, countries and our online business with merchandising colleagues.
- Reviewing existing supplier performance and managing the sourcing strategy for the department in agreement with Head of Buying.
- Negotiating costs to deliver product margin for the department.
- Working with suppliers and technical team to ensure fit and quality standards are met.
- Overseeing critical path with the team and suppliers, ensuring key dates are met to ensure on time launch.
- Trading the department to manage risk and opportunities, and having an extensive knowledge of the market and competition, visiting stores to establish any shifts or trends that may affect sales and require action.
- Conducting seasonal buying trips to develop product and negotiate programmes.
- Conduct inspirational shopping trips and comp shop visits in Central Europe.
- Developing and leading a high performing team, giving them the opportunities to be their best.
- Managing additional responsibilities that contribute to the running of the division and support the peer group.
- This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, has an outstanding product eye, puts our customers first and thrives on keeping abreast of the market.
The Ideal Candidate
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of:
Ladieswear product development and buying experience with an outstanding eye for product.
- Leading and developing teams.
- Strategic planning inclusive of range and trade planning.
- Sourcing and managing a supply base and having first-hand knowledge of country and manufacturing capabilities.
- Building strong business partnerships across various functions and stake holders.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers, senior leadership and supply base
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching product ranges to inspire our customers and meet their stationery product needs, by whatever channel they need it.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based at our office in Hatfield
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses