Team Manager - Amesbury
Shift Pattern: Varies from day to day but are planned in advance
Becoming a manager in a Tesco Store gives you a driving role in Serving Britain's Shoppers a Little Better Everyday.
It's a chance to put your skills, experience and instincts to the test; chasing opportunities, finding better ways of working and getting things just right for our customers.
You'll be a role model, helping colleagues to know and love our products and services, involving everyone in community projects and proving just how much we can achieve together. You'll get to grow your own team - by spotting talent and giving them the feedback and support they need to be their best.
We'll look to you to maximise sales, impact and presentation for your department, while making sure everything is safe and compliant, and everyone's in the right place at the right time.
This role is what management should be; out of the office and leading from the front - on the store floor with your colleagues and customers.
The Ideal Candidate
Do you have the attitude, aptitude and aspiration to be a great retail manager?
It's a role for those who love retail - but above all we need you to put people at the heart of everything you do. You will be:
- Talking to colleagues, to share and encourage new ideas and best practice
- Being warm and welcoming, taking time to recognise and listen to others
- Building a strong team spirit and a network of relationships that stretches beyond the store
Our best and most inspiring leaders have a natural ability to:
- Looking ahead and seizing opportunities
- Acting quickly to do what's right for colleagues and customers
- Thriving on change and leading people through it together
About The Company
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
We're proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life help improve and develop our team every day.
- Colleague Discount Card (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- Childcare Vouchers
- Sunday and Out of Hours premiums available
- An annual bonus scheme where you could achieve up to 3.5% of eligible earnings.
- The Tesco Retirement Savings Plan - save between 4% and 7.5%, and Tesco will match your contribution.
- Share Schemes
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses