Senior Ux Designer - Lever Building
We are looking for a Senior UX designer with great deal of drive to create products and interfaces that are compelling and easy to use for millions of our customers across multiple markets.
Our talented and collaborative multidisciplinary team is made up of design, research, content and prototyping specialists. Together we align around our objectives to provide customer and business value. As a senior designer, you will be focusing on exploring and solving prioritised customer problems, pushing the boundaries of design whilst contributing to creation of best practices and maintaining consistent experience across all of Tesco web based products and services.
With genuine appetite for complex information, you will have experience in research and technical implementation as well as a passion and energy for design and visual communication of your ideas. Insights and data is what drives our team and you will use it to empower your decisions to support and enhance the lives of people when coupled with a clear understanding of their evolving needs. You're no stranger to web technologies and using these for creating in-browser prototypes. Optimisation tools will be your way of pushing the needle against your objectives and KPI's.
As our ideal candidate, you're passionate about the understanding the customer and championing their needs whilst utilising your experience with design systems and processes focusing on speed and collaboration.
- Represent the "User Experience" translate customer requirements into defined specifications and inspire the Engineering team to develop the right product delivering value to our customers and our business.
- Use multiple sources of data as a research process to define what site's primary objectives are and who are the primary customers for each of the objectives
- Coordinate and conduct usability tests, card sorting exercises, stakeholder interviews and user polling to help inform and evaluate design.
- Work with feature development teams to make sure that the workflow reflects the customer's needs and ensure consistency among features.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams across the business to Identify core customer missions, create user journeys and experiences that let our customers use our products seamlessly.
- In addition, work across the company's multi-platform sites: and support experiences developed based on responsive design principles while contributing in development of our design system.
- Clearly present various stages of design development to business owners, team members and other stakeholders.
- This role will best suit an individual who embraces unique skillsets of each team member and seeks team effort over individual achievements, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
The Ideal Candidate
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Expertise in research, conceptual design, prototyping, detailed design, user testing, and implementation.
- Solid understanding of front-end, back-end, and the software development life cycle would be a great advantage (no coding required).
- Expertise in creating quick sketches, paper prototypes and translating them to fully functional prototypes that are used throughout our design process to validate your solutions against customer needs while ensuring your solutions are technically feasible.
- Experience with data analytics and optimization tools such as Omniture, Test & Target, optimizely would be desirable, but not essential.
- Improve research, design, and development processes to gain efficiency, remove obstacles, and simplify problems.
- Work in partnership with Product Managers, Researchers and Engineering to align design vision and activities with our business goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Computer Interaction, Behavioral Psychology or other related field.
- 4+ years of experience
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter.
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership.
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is 'Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day'.
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses