Pharmacy Dispenser - Cleethorpes
Get your career remedy at today's Tesco!
Discover what it's like to work in a fast paced environment, where colleagues are focused on delivering gold standard service and care. There's a lot more to it than dispensing medicines. Every day you'll have the opportunity to make things better for customers in all sorts of ways, such as support for giving up smoking, reviewing customers' use of medicines, checking blood pressure or testing for blood glucose levels. And it's very much about supporting our communities, by making the best healthcare choices available and convenient for local people.
We're committed to finding the very best Pharmacy Dispensers out there. Talented and driven professionals who can deliver the highest quality healthcare service to our customers.
This is a part time role of 16 hours per week, working Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- To be able to dispense prescription medicines ensuring attention to detail and accuracy are maintained at all times. To be able to talk to customers and offer information in a confident, friendly and professional manner, so our customers think our staff and service are great and will visit our Pharmacy again.
- You will have completed a recognised training course to be a Pharmacy dispenser.
- We will provide weekly briefings on departmental performance and update you on any promotional events/ new company initiatives.
- Ensure all customers think our staff are great by providing a friendly and professional service.
- Offer appropriate information to customers on common ailments, symptoms and products.
- Take time to understand the customers' needs, explaining the benefits of the products in a way they understand and only selling products that are right for the customer.
- Advise customers on the range of Pharmacy services available.
- Support and deliver Pharmacy services according to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Support and deliver the dispensing process according to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assess the legal appropriateness of dispensed prescriptions.
- Deal with clinical and legal queries from Healthcare practitioners within area of competence.
- Respond to customer queries in relation to prescription medicines, informing the Pharmacist of any complaints.
- Ensure all dispensary routines and Standard Operating Procedures are followed.
- Ensure dispensary and consulting rooms are clean, tidy and free of clutter.
- Ensure all prescription administration is accurate and completed on time.
- Bring promotional activities and company initiatives within the team to life.
- Actively strive to meet departmental targets set by the Pharmacy Manager.
- Carry out all procedures accurately to protect profit and ensure we trade safely and legally.
- Support the Pharmacy Manager and Duty Pharmacy Manager with the supervision and development of other members of the pharmacy team through coaching and feedback.
- Be supportive of, and willing to help, colleagues and management at all times.
The Ideal Candidate
Supporting the management of one of our new modern Pharmacies, you'll apply your technical skills and strong customer focus to accurately dispense medication for our customers.
You will be experienced working as dispenser in a pharmacy. However, training can be provided for the right candidate.
About The Company
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
We're proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life help improve and develop our team every day.
- Colleague Discount Card (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- Childcare Vouchers
- Sunday and Out of Hours premiums available
- An annual bonus scheme where you could achieve up to 3.5% of eligible 2016/17 earnings.
- The Tesco Retirement Savings Plan - save between 4% and 7.5%, and Tesco will match your contribution.
- Share Schemes
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses