Procurement Executive () - Shire Park
In this role you'll support the strategy and delivery within in Group Procurement, driving change and efficiency for Tesco.
- Balancing your tactical (day-to-day) with the strategic procurement activity set out for next 12 -18 months
- Learning and complying with legal and ethical procurement policies
- Learning and complying with our end to end P2P operating model
- Working in partnership with stakeholders to support a strategy for your area(s) of responsibility
- Learning to and adherence to the GP sourcing process, to ensure business plans create sustainable value for customers and our business
- Developing a supply base to deliver the capacity and capability to deliver the business' requirements
- Collaborating widely both within and outside of your team to manage stakeholders, and take people with you
- Looking for opportunities to share experience, knowledge, celebrate success and support your colleagues
- Looking for fresh, new opportunities within Group Procurement to make where you work a better place
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity & due diligence
The Ideal Candidate
- GCSE/A-level qualifications
- Communication skills
- Stakeholder management
- Some commercial acumen
- Organisation skills (including time management)
- MS office
- Data analysis and report preparation
- High standards of ethics and personal integrity
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is 'Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day'.
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses