Receptionist / Hostess - London
Restaurant Receptionist / Hostess - St James, London
Our legendary Regent Street address has long been the capital's hub for fine food, wine and conversation. Oscar Wilde chose the Café Royal - and its unmatched wine selection - for his salon, while Winston Churchill favoured our steaks, stilton and champagne.
The story continues today, as we prepare to launch our brand-new restaurant with Internationally renowned chef Laurent Tourondel this May.
The Restaurant Hostess is a customer focused role in which you will be on hand to welcome, sit & farewell guests, deal with queries, process reservations & payments, provide information and organise table plans. In between, you will also assist with clearing tables, neatening furniture and any other duties as required. Most importantly you’re there to see beyond the obvious and to ensure that all guests if near or far are personally attended and to create an exceptional first and last impression during their time in our premises.
This is a full time position, 40 hours per week.
- A natural elegance and passion for providing a luxurious level of service that is personalised, confident and calm, whilst adding a touch of theatre to the guest’s experience
- A background in a similar role, ideally gained within luxury 4 or 5 star hotel or other high end restaurant
- Your communication skills will be exceptional with the confidence to build strong working relationships and connect with guests visiting us from all over the world - fluent level of spoken and written English is essential and another language is advantageous
- Naturally, your grooming and personal presentation should be immaculate
- Flexibility to work early mornings, evenings and weekend shifts is essential
- Working knowledge of system such as Opera, Micros and Open Table is highly desirable
- Competitive Salary + Service Charge
- On duty meal, personalised uniforms provided and dry cleaned free of charge
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards, employee referral scheme, colleague football team
- Discounted Room rates, Spa and F&B, as well as other lifestyle discounts including subsidised massages
Ready to join the team?
Please apply by the 'Apply Now' link below. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a CV that is fully up to date and correct.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.