Senior Sushi Chef - London
Senior Sushi Chef - St James, London
As a Senior Sushi Chef at Hotel Café Royal you will become part of a special culinary team that requires dedication, passion and knowledge of the London Restaurant scene to successfully master the delivery of our products and services in a consistent and timely fashion.
Working within one of London’s newest and modern kitchens featuring all of the latest specialist culinary equipment, our team creates an elegant, yet contemporary theme in keeping with the Café Royal’s history and hallmarks of exceptional quality and style.
We are looking for a charismatic and creative Senior Sushi Chef who will have a great understanding of producing high quality Japanese dishes to the best standard, using unique ingredients.
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience as a Sushi Chef within a luxury hotel or a high quality fine dining Japanese/Sushi restaurant
- Previous experience preparing sushi and sashimi of the highest quality
- Able to cut all type of fishes and manage to make maki and nigiri
- Excellent knife and food preparation skills are a must
- Helping create new recipes and write menus
- Desire to join a hotel to grow and develop with, and proven commitment to past employers
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend shifts
- 4 Days per Week with 3 days off on a Rotation basis (47 hours per week)
- On-duty meal
- Uniform provided and laundered
- 20 days holiday pro rata + bank holidays
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards
- Discounted Room rates and F&B
Please apply through Caterer by following the 'Apply Now' link below. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a CV that is fully up to date and correct. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.