Local Campaign Manager - Shire Park
About the Local Campaigns and Consumer PR team
Want to join a fast-paced, creative team responsible for all consumer PR and local campaigns in Tesco? Then you're in luck because we're expanding.
We're a newly formed team with a big remit and an opportunity to define how Tesco does PR and local campaigns. Sitting in the Local Campaigns and Consumer PR team - and within the UK Marketing Communications Department - you'll be responsible for creating campaigns focused on attracting new customers to the Tesco brand in all its forms. You'll work both on regional, targeted campaigns and also develop larger scale national campaigns that will support our corporate initiatives. There'll also be opportunities to work on some major PR events and activations, making this a very varied and interesting role!
From the initial proposition through to the execution and launch of the campaign, you'll work across the business and in particular with our proposition and marketing channel teams and our advertising agencies. As a 'go to' person for local campaigns, you'll champion the newly formed team within the business and externally, firmly putting our team on the map.
And while you're doing all that, you'll be keeping on top of trends in retail, food and drink, non-food and more, bringing the best from outside the business and knowing where we should be looking for the next thing.
The role -Campaign Manager
This is what we'll expect you to do and how we'll measure your success when you do it. But bear in mind that specific responsibilities can change, as they depend on the changing needs of the business.
For now, though, you will:
- build the local campaigns plan for the next 12 months, aligning it to the brand jobs and corporate initiatives that have already been established
- work with the proposition and property teams to achieve the above
- write engaging, interesting communications briefs in response to our local, community and corporate initiatives, and work across the Marketing Communications team and with our agencies to deliver differentiated, relevant and memorable campaigns
- nurture and develop one direct report, training them to be your protégé
- report into the Head of Local Campaigns and Consumer PR, and support them with the development of the long-term strategy for the team
- establish measureable KPIs and lead the review process for all your campaigns, highlighting successes and opportunities for future campaigns
- work alongside our finance and procurement teams to manage the local campaigns budget and agency retainers.
The Ideal Candidate
- at least 5 years' experience delivering successful, integrated campaigns
- budget and agency management experience. We work with large budgets and a number of agencies, so experience of managing, evaluating and optimising both is essential
- the ability to tell a good story. Whether you're writing a brief or presenting, it's crucial that you can present the job to be done in a way that engages and inspires the audience
- experience of tracking tools and the ability to define and track KPIs
- a working knowledge of the digital channels
- to be comfortable working in a vast business and a large team
- the ability to feel comfortable with ambiguity and be responsive to change
- a Bachelor's degree or demonstrable experience; an advanced degree or industry qualification would be a plus.
That's what we'd expect job-wise. As for what we're looking for in the right person, you'll be:
- a confident, sociable type who enjoys working as part of a lively and dynamic team
- well organised, flexible, pragmatic, creative and a lateral thinker
- someone with an inquisitive mind who's motivated and always wants to do the right thing for our customers
- a good communicator at all levels (not a chatterbox or a waffler, but articulate and persuasive)
- able to present work to people of all levels and disciplines
- comfortable leading an initiative from an early stage and communicating the plans to the business, while displaying the attention to detail, prioritisation and problem-solving skills needed to spot and deal with challenges as they crop up
- comfortable with ambiguity
- driven and proactive. As a new team, we're shaping our world, so you'll need to be able to drive projects forward using your initiative and internal contacts
- adaptable. From time to time, you may be asked to work on campaign communications outside of the PR channel; so you'll relish the opportunity to learn new things
- more than capable of juggling lots of different tasks at the same time
- someone who's invested in personal development and who can support the wider team
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is 'Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day'.
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based at our Head Office in Welwyn Garden City, but the candidate would also be expected to work from London approximately 2 days per week (either in our office in Farringdon or working from agency offices).
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses