It Project Coordinator - Welwyn Garden City
In 2014, Tesco Family Dining started to revolutionise the Supermarket Dining Experience, opening our very first Cafe Re-model. With our trendy look and a menu that has a wide range of Bake Our Own products guests love it and there is a strong appetite for more!
Following a restructure in the Analysis and IT team, this role has been created to help maximise a number of recently implemented solutions, establish a range of business processes that underpin the implementations, and provide project management capability for future improvements to the business operation. Sitting within an energetic and supportive team who are enthusiastic to provide strong value to the business, this role contains an exciting scope to shape the future of technology within Tesco Family Dining.
The role will be responsible for coordinating various aspects of IT projects, directly effecting change and improvement across our estate of over 300 cafes. The role holder will work as part of the IT team working with colleagues and suppliers to ensure that actions are completed, equipment is ordered and implemented on time, and that reports are updated and communicated in line with requirements of the project. The Project Coordinator will regularly deal with colleagues and external contacts obtaining progress updates, challenging delays, and flagging risks to the Project Team Leader.
Example projects that this role could be working on:
- Implementing an EPOS system across the entire estate
- Deploying new IT systems (Hardware & Software) to the café PCs
- Design and implementation of new IT business processes (Starters/Leavers, Incident management)
- Coordinating suppliers and equipment as part of our ongoing café remodel programme.
- Accountable for driving progress on smaller projects or aspects of larger projects.
- Responsible for obtaining progress updates from colleagues and external contacts - challenging delays and flagging risks to the Project Team Leader.
- Responsible for maintaining reports and project schedules, ensuring they are updated timely and accurately and communicated to all stakeholders.
- Responsible for proactively identifying opportunities to deliver process improvement where there is a benefit to the business.
- Responsible for creating supporting documentation to aid the successful implementation of a service or system (e.g. process documentation, user guides)
- The role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised and takes a logical approach to solving problems and implementing IT solutions.
The Ideal Candidate
Key Skills & Experience
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Able to work on multiple projects and prioritise according to the needs of the business.
- Some IT support experience required (e.g. 1 st /2 nd line support, implementation etc.)
- Ability to create reports and documentation to a decent standard.
The ideal candidate would have the following attributes:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - You'll be working with people at all levels of the business, you'll need to be able to build good relationships.
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication skills to levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation
- Good problem solving - logical, persistent and considerate when presented with an issue or risk. Taking responsibility and ownership of issues and seeing them through to resolution.
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We're driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world's leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based at our Head Office in Welwyn Garden City