Team Manager - Bedford
To lead and motivate the team to communicate with our customers, offering expert sales advice and support to make sure that we sell them the best deal that meets their requirements, delivers unbeatable value', a great shopping experience' and earns their lifetime loyalty'
What I do
- Offer expert sales advice and support to my customers in the Phone Shop
- I manage and achieve my department budgets/targets including contract sales, profit, insurance attachment, shrinkage, payroll and training
- I check the entrance to the Phone Shop is always clear and easy for customers to enter without distractions
- I make sure the department is tidy and there is always someone available to help
- I follow-up next steps from the Phone Shop Healthcheck
- I meet gaps targets and customers can get what they want
- I liaise with Space, Range and Merchandising Manager/Stock Control Manager to plan for seasonal events and promotions in my department
- I coach my team to follow warehouse guidelines so that the Phone Shop stock room always complies with What Good Looks Like
- I deliver Safe and Legal routines including shelf edge labels and point of sale is correct and displayed and coach my team to ensure they are delivered
- I make sure the Contract Mobile Phone Procedures for advice, sales, activation and returns are followed
- I coach my team to follow the Mobile Phone Return policy, the Telecom Bulk Purchase Policy and the hardlines return policy for high value products
- I communicate regularly with the Telecoms Centre team i.e. promotions, availability or breakage issues
- I make sure I have the right people in the right place at the right time to ensure there is a safe and legal environment for staff and customers
- I make sure my department is always manned and that my team are ring-fenced to deliver first class customer service
- I take part in the shrink management process in store for all stock and use the weekly shrinkage reports/branded discrepancy report to find missing products on my department
- I liaise with the Shrinkage and Security Manager to ensure Phone Shop security is a top priority and coach my team to ensure they are security aware and product protection measures are in place
- I communicate effectively with my colleagues and deliver a quality handover at the end of my shift
The Ideal Candidate
How I do it
- I make sure my team are trained and have confidence to approach customers and give them unbeatable value by selling the right products at the right price
- I work shoulder to shoulder with my team, my Area Manager and the management team to coach them on what good looks like for the Phone Shop
- I celebrate success and my team have pride in their achievements
- I care about my people and treat everyone with respect
- I help my team make the difference for our customers and staff Behavioural Skills:
- Interacting with People Establishing relationships and maintaining contacts with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Customer Focus Understanding the needs of the internal or external customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
- Decision Making Making decisions at the appropriate time, taking into account the needs of the situation, priorities, constraints and the availability of necessary information.
- Teamwork Working co-operatively (rather than competitively) with others to achieve a common goal.
About The Company
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It's part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work, and we're proud to have been accredited as one of Britain's Top Employers again this year.
We're the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, and a vast variety of roles, we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers
We offer excellent benefits that help to make Tesco a great place to work.
There are also a variety of excellent share schemes you can be part of to share in our success.
After six months you will receive a Privilege card, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.
There are also additional special offers available to colleagues throughout the year.