Category Insight Manager - Shire Park
Identifying, prioritising and recommending opportunities for growth within category, through rigourous insight and analysis, reviewing resulting propositions
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
- Developing and leading a high performing team, giving them the opportunities to be their best
- Working with multiple data sources, category teams, other insight teams, agencies, suppliers and stakeholders I identify, prioritise and recommend category opportunities for growth based on robust and rigourous insight
- I transform data into insight and can tell a strong insight story, recommending solutions to drive category performance
- Reviewing Category propositions developed through insight, working cross functionally
- Proactively supporting the category teams with understanding of insight and data to help them make informed decisions that benefit customers
- Managing the agencies IRI, Kantar, dunnhumby to deliver data on category performance and turn insight into action
- Briefing and coordinating research and insight projects with relevant agencies and/or suppliers, working cross functionally where required, with relevant wider business stakeholders
- Supporting the building of the customer propositions as part of the range review process
The Ideal Candidate
- Professional experience in Research/Insight within a retailer or FMCG environment
- Able to identifying category opportunities for growth via robust insight
- People management experience
- Degree in a relevant field, MRS accreditation a bonus
- Customer Focus, Influencing, Gaining commitment, Building relationships, Stakeholder management, Storytelling and Communication, Data Analysis and interpretation, Excel, PowerPoint
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is 'Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day'.
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses