National Technical Assurance Manager - National
Tesco Maintenance are currently seeking to recruit a National Technical Assurance Manager. At Tesco, our stores and offices couldn't function without the support of our Maintenance Team. The National Technical Assurance Manager is an integral part of this, improving and providing assurance for all the technical works across the business. Working closely with the Maintenance Support and wider team to ensure delivery by the internal technical teams, 3 rd party contractors or capital whilst being the guardian of our legal compliance across all sites. Ensuring the welfare of our customers and colleagues is at the forefront.
- Assurance of high value capital, revenue and development works delivered by our internal and external supply base.
- Periodic review of contractor day to day performance as well as representing the Operations team at contractor performance meetings
- Provide the resource and expertise that drives health and safety, and Tactical plans that needs a consistent approach across all regions.
- Ensuring a consistent approach across processes.
- Provide daily technical support.
- Lead the process and technological improvements across this area of the business.
- Provide technical input for PM developments & regularly review content and effectiveness.
- Input into PM implementation across the technical teams.
- Identify trends and opportunities across all departments.
- Provide expertise relating to parts holding, obsolete parts and temporary solutions.
- Following Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
- Driving problem solving, including identifying key issues and developing effective solutions cross functionally.
- Provide exceptional service and standards, demonstrating clear year on year reductions in our cost lines.
- Provide a national view of pest, compliance and legal issues to senior stakeholders with defined actions for resolutions and improvement.
- Investigate KPI trends and develop plans to deliver year on year improvements.
- Building effective relationships and communicating clearly with stakeholders, managing expectations where required.
The Ideal Candidate
Skills and experience needed to be great at this role:
- UK driving licence.
- Microsoft officesuite.
- Experience in budget management.
- Data analysis.
- Stakeholder management.
- Health and Safety management.
- Project management.
- Time served in a technical discipline.
- Communication and stakeholder management.
- Problem solving.
- Influencing skills.
- Commercial and business acumen.
- Building internal and external networks.
- Change management.
About The Company
At Tesco Maintenance, it's our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centres, Tesco banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we've got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team work to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.
Everything we do in Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement to the overall shopping experience for our customers.
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps make Tesco Maintenance a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to...
- A Colleague Clubcard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.
- Eligibility for the annual colleague bonus plan.
- Access to our competitive pension scheme and life assurance policy.
- Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
- Regular exposure to Tesco deals, discounts and offers.
- A smarter working environment, friendly colleague atmosphere and subsidized onsite canteen.
- Training and career development opportunities within Maintenance and the wider business, as well as support from a large regional team and in house technical specialists.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays in lieu if worked), increasing with length of service.
- Company car allowance.
- Long service awards starting after 15 years.