Building Maintenance Technician - Bournemouth
Tesco Maintenance are currently looking to recruit a Building Technician. At Tesco, our stores and offices couldn't function without the support of our Maintenance Team. A Building Technician is an integral part of this team, carrying out maintenance procedures, safely across the Tesco estate. Working closely with the Store Leadership Teams, the Building Technicians deliver statutory requirements, proactive planned and reactive maintenance promptly and in a cost effective way ensuring the business is able to continue to deliver its promise of serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day .
Check out our colleagues in action. Youtube: https://youtu.be/0nmLi_tfrr4
- Completing planned preventative maintenance.
- Responding to reactive maintenance.
- Verisae usage and parts replenishment.
- Communicating with the team and wider business team.
- Working collaboratively with the National Operation Centre.
- Following the Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
- Completing tasks ensuring they are right first time.
- Liaising with the Store Technicians and update them on status of maintenance work.
- Delivering non-negotiable standards across stores.
The Ideal Candidate
Skills and experience needed to be great at this role:
- A City and Guilds qualification is desirable.
- Experience in general building including brickwork/blockwork, concreting, tarmac, joinery, roofing and tiling.
- Trade certificate in Plumbing/Carpentry/Civils/Roadworks.
- CSCS Card.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- The ability to work remotely.
About The Company
At Tesco Maintenance, it's our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centres, Tesco banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximizing the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we've got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team work internationally to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.
Everything we do in Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement to the overall shopping experience for our customers.
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps make Tesco Maintenance a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to...
- A Colleague Clubcard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.
- Eligibility for the annual colleague bonus plan.
- Access to our competitive pension scheme and life assurance policy.
- Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
- Regular exposure to Tesco deals, discounts and offers.
- A smarter working environment, friendly colleague atmosphere and subsidized onsite canteen.
- Training and career development opportunities within Maintenance and the wider business, as well as support from a large regional team and inhouse technical specialists.
- 21 days holiday (plus bank holidays in lieu if worked), increasing with length of service.
- Company van with an option for personal use plus fuel card.
- Long service awards starting after 15 years.