Group Maintenance Manager - Derby/nottingham
Tesco Maintenance are currently seeking to recruit a Group Maintenance Manager to cover various stores within the Derby and Nottingham area. At Tesco, our stores and offices couldn't function without the support of our Maintenance Team. Leading a team of Store Maintenance Technicians, the Group Maintenance Manager delivers exceptional service and support to Tesco customers across the retail stores. Working flexibly and collaboratively with a range of stakeholders to provide professional maintenance and repair services in a timely manner to all relevant standards is essential to this role. The Manager will proactively look for opportunities to use their technical skills and those of the team to improve both the service provided and the experience for stakeholders. A core responsibility of the role is to deliver all associated services, planned and reactive maintenance to the retail stores in order to provide a safe and well maintained workplace for colleagues.
Check out our colleagues in action. Youtube: https://youtu.be/0nmLi_tfrr4
- Ensuring there is a safe environment for those who work and shop in our stores and offices.
- Building effective relationships and communicating clearly with stakeholders, managing expectations where required.
- Managing contractor performance whilst on site to ensure the most effective and efficient fix.
- Delivering great results whilst providing exceptional service and standards, demonstrating clear year on year improvement.
- Driving problem solving, including identifying key issues and developing effective solutions.
- Ensuring we make the right fix, on time, every time.
- Putting community, customer and colleague welfare at the heart of every decision made.
- Making sure the team meets all the necessary legal and compliance standards and where possible exceeds these.
- Managing the workload and the capacity of the team.
- Developing and leading a high performing team, giving them the opportunities to be their best.
- Managing budgets effectively, always being cost conscious.
- Following Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
The Ideal Candidate
- People and stakeholder management experience.
- Budget management to include; forecasting costs and expenditure.
- Comfortable with reviewing and analysing management information to deliver business objectives.
- Would ideally have an engineering, maintenance or facilities management background.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload with conflicting priorities.
- Have experience of working at multi sites and managing remote teams.
About The Company
At Tesco Maintenance, it's our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centres, Tesco banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we've got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team work internationally to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.
Everything we do in Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement to the overall shopping experience for our customers.
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps make Tesco Maintenance a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to...
- A Colleague Clubcard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.
- Eligibility for the annual colleague bonus plan.
- Access to our competitive pension scheme and life assurance policy.
- Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
- Regular exposure to Tesco deals, discounts and offers.
- A smarter working environment, friendly colleague atmosphere and subsidized onsite canteen.
- Training and career development opportunities within Maintenance and the wider business, as well as support from a large regional team and in house technical specialists.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays in lieu if worked), increasing with length of service.
- Company car allowance.
- Long service awards starting after 15 years.