Group Risk Manager - Shire Park
An exciting opportunity to deliver enterprise risk management activities to inform & support senior management which will provide a broad exposure to all levels of the global business.
Assisting in the development and delivery of the Group Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Roadmap including:
- Engaging in activities to mature risk management (e.g. development of sub-risks and controls, IT Tool implementation and ongoing management/ support).
- Engaging in technology related risk requirements (with focus on emerging technology trends and risks) and building relationships with key senior stakeholders.
- Collation and challenge of country and entity risk registers/ risk logs to promote best practice
- Project management of key initiatives to ensure delivery to specific milestones and the monitoring of progress
- Interface and advise our global business network (by promoting the sharing of best practice, providing training, raising awareness and providing business support)
- Input to regular reporting requirements including the preparation of Senior Leadership Team risk papers (i.e. Executive, Audit Committee and Board) and annual report requirements to meet FRC/FCA and UK Corporate Governance Code requirements.
- Input to our continuous improvement and simplification of our processes including the coordination of activities across assurance functions.
The Ideal Candidate
- Appropriate Risk/ Finance/ IT qualification desirable (e.g. CIRM, ACA/ACCA/CIMA, CISA), working knowledge of ERM
- Influencing skills/ Trust and Integrity/ analytical and various admin tasks to support the Group Risk Team
- IT skills: File sharing (SharePoint administration)
- PowerPoint, Excel, Word skills. Past experience of working with specialist software (Origami Risk, GRC, SAP, etc.) is desirable.
- Proven experience in developing and delivering risk management activities to ISO 31000/ COSO standards
- IT acumen with proven experience in navigating technology related complex issues (e.g. Cyber security, Agile, Cloud computing)
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver projects
- Retail experience desirable
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is 'Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day'.
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses