Resource Planning Manager, Dundee Customer Engagement Centre - Dundee Dd2 3tn
Reporting to the Head of Resourcing, the role will oversee the Workforce Management System and the CEC Forecasts within a multi-site and multi-skilled customer engagement centre. You will have responsibility for multiple analysts in your team to look after up to 2000FTE.
Working with a true market leader this is an opportunity to drive workforce strategy and take the department to a new level of operational excellence.
If you are looking for a chance to consolidate your strong experience managing a team of analysts using both manual and automated tools then this is a great opportunity for you.
You will take full responsibility for your team of skilled analysts working across Forecasting and Scheduling.
Working at a level where there will be a requirement for stakeholder engagement throughout the business to scope requirements, drive best practice and build cross-departmental relationships to optimise the business / resource planning function.
Taking responsibility for producing robust, reliable forecast models for both front and back office the accuracy of these are pivotal in resourcing the business to achieve our targets and KPI's.
You will inform strategic decisions and the direction of the forecasting and scheduling function, in doing so building the blocks on which performance stands.
- Work with stakeholders and the Business Partners to ensure the accurate delivery of forecasting and resource models, adapting to changes in contact arrival patterns, contact channel shifts and changes to Marketing forecasts.
- Proactively identify and develop key relationships across the business ensuring that all forecasts and resources proposals are deployed with maximum insight, and appropriate actions are taken to minimise risks to target service levels and/or budget
- Ensure accurate staffing levels are driven through the forecasting process to meet the established demand and hit business KPI's
- Propose continuous improvement opportunities to improve SLA's / reduce costs and provide increased flexibility.
- Manage performance and productivity of the team regularly reviewing skill levels against role requirements
- Continually review staffing against plan and work to improve and deliver efficiencies to plan while not impacting Planning relationship with the business
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Extensive experience in a Resource Planning Manager role within a multi-skilled, multi-channel environment
- Previous experience in managing a resource planning team.
- Strong technical background in using MS packages and WFM technology
- Stakeholder management experience with the ability to negotiate and influence others
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Ability to motivate and engage your team to deliver outstanding results
Closing date for this vacancy is close of business on Monday 7 th May 2018.
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We're driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world's leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses