Senior Marketing Manager - London
Senior Marketing Manager - Football - Stamford Bridge
Reporting to: Head of Product & Performance Marketing
Job function: To lead and deliver the football marketing strategy for Chelsea FC - Men’s & Ladies game.
- To produce and implement a tactical marketing plan for all league and cup matches
- Drive and develop sports marketing strategy to meet overarching KPI’s against game growth & ticketing.
- Collaboration with Chelsea FC Athlete Coordinator on contractual appearances and managing activations to promote the club and player strategy.
- To develop & market Chelsea FC memberships to ensure fan first strategy and management.
- Determine and drive sports marketing best practice to utilise both local and international sports marketing opportunities to deliver greater consumer engagement with Chelsea FC
- To work cross functionally with the Fan Engagement and Fan liaison team to identify amplification opportunities.
- Accountable for Football marketing budget management and maximising our ROI.
- To manage, alongside the editors and production, the delivery of match programmes.
- Leading and managing the development of the football and athlete marketing strategy.
- Act as the key point of contact and authority on strategic football marketing within the business.
- Work with Fan Liaison to organize and manage fan forums and annual fan surveys.
- Develop, build and manage relationships with national football governing bodies and associations, athletes, coaches, athlete managers and key influencers within the UK.
- Lead and manage non-matchday events across the business (specific to men’s & women’s teams) including but not limited to store signings, product launches & player activations.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with external agencies and suppliers to build a full season plan of campaigns & activations to drive the affinity between fans, stadium and club.
- To develop a women’s team strategy and content plan to grow the women’s game and support business critical opportunities, including preparing the Kingsmeadow ground for commercial opportunity.
- To ensure compliance with all relevant Club policies, including health and safety policies and specific reference to the data regulations (GDPR and PECR)
- Work closely with the CRM team to ensure best level of engagement profitability across all relevant customer groups including members, season ticket holders & ticket purchasers.
- Support development of community outreach program for Kingsmeadow stadium.
Measures of Success:
- Successfully influence an uplift in general ticket sales as well as specifically for ladies game attendance.
- Successfully ensure an uplift in membership renewals & communication
- Successfully ensure a return on investment in marketing campaigns
- A seasoned expert in Sports Marketing experience.
- A natural storyteller and have strong, creative ideas that can elevate the local football narrative.
- Ability to communicate plans across a complex matrix on a corporate, regional, global and functional basis, including presenting to key stakeholders.
- Experience initiating and driving the ideation process contributing meaningful, innovative strategies to the business at concept stage.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise work in a demanding environment.
- Inspirational leader and experienced people manager.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationsamongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.