Enterprise Co-ordinator - London
Schools Education Coordinator
Reporting to: Schools Education Manger & Enterprise & Employability Manager
Department: Foundation – Education Team
Job Function: Co-ordinate and oversee the delivery of the Premier League Enterprise programme for secondary school pupils and the Edge of the Box Club programme for start-up businesses. This will involve a collaboration with Chelsea FC Foundation Entrepreneur programme and managing all the relationships involved in the delivery of the club.
About the Business:
The Chelsea FC Foundation is the charitable of arm of Chelsea Football Club. The Foundation uses the power of sport to motivate, educate and inspire. We believe that the power of football can be harnessed to support communities and individuals both at home and abroad and offer a wide range of activities for children and adults to engage in.
We have a proven track-record of delivering successful Enterprise programmes and have delivered the core Premier League Enterprise programme and Enterprise Challenge to a large number of schools.
As part of the CFC Entrepreneur programme we have a built a start-up incubator and start-up business club ‘Edge of the Box’ to support local people start businesses. The Edge of the Box Club has been running for the last 18 months and requires an innovative and committed person to help take the club forward.
- To deliver and co-ordinate both the Delta Airlines Edge of the Box Club and PL Enterprise programmes
- To build and maintain a positive working relationship with key partners and schools
- Schedule all sessions for the monthly Delta Airlines Edge of the Box Club and schools based activity to a targeted number of beneficiaries
- Co-ordinate the monthly Delta Airlines Edge of the Box Club. This will include all the content of the club including guest speakers, workshops, market stalls, branding, guest lists, attendee list, keynote slides, IT and networking.
- To research guest speakers, start-up innovation and sports foundations
- Build new and strengthen existing relationships with attendees, sponsors, partners and schools.
- Engage with beneficiaries through engaging, relevant and anticipated communications throughout the month leading up to the Delta Airlines Edge of the Box Club
- To ensure that all data, monitoring and evaluation is captured and inputted onto Views and produce case studies and content for Chelsea FC Foundation communications.
- To be a positive role model, creating a safe, positive and fun environment in which to motivate and encourage children and young people to learn.
- To undertake any Foundation activities that maybe required in addition to the role.
- To carry out duties regarding relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Collaborate with other Chelsea FC Foundation, Chelsea FC and Chelsea FC partners.
- Use technology to improve enterprise programmes and the experience of beneficiaries.
Measures of Performance:
- Programmes delivered within budgetary constraints.
- Achievement of participation and attendance targets for programmes
- Feedback from customers is positive
- The satisfaction of attendees participating in the Delta Airlines Edge of the Box Club and Enterprise opportunities is good
- Delta Airlines Edge of the Box Club exposure and awards.
- Continually improving provision through the trialling of ideas and the delivery of innovative provision
- Completion of apprenticeship qualification
- Clear and concise communication.
- Accurate and informative reports to PL and line manager when required
- Understanding of beneficiaries needs and challenges
- Creative mind-set to help deliver, design and implement programmes
- Ability to use a range of ICT and Multimedia for design and delivery
- Able to deliver high quality sessions and the ability to mentor learners and participants
- Ability to think like a start-up business and enjoys building relationships and networking
- People focused and act as an excellent ambassador for CFC
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to inspire customer trust and confidence
- Ability to stay calm in a high pace and pressured environment and work to deadlines
- Ability to work in a confident and flexible manner, and understand the importance of private and confidential material
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea FC Foundation policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act.
The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company’s premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Foundation Safeguarding Lead.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date: 22nd April 2018