Garden Room Host - casual
Overview of the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Host to join the Garden Room team. Your role will be to provide a warm welcome to our guests in the Garden Room by delivering intuitive service to create distinctive guest experiences.
The Garden Room is the centrepiece to our investment in the Principal York Hotel. Overlooking the hotel’s landscaped gardens, with views of York Minster beyond, the Garden Room is a luxurious drawing room where hotel guests and visitors alike can enjoy a pot of coffee in the morning, Afternoon Tea with a glass of champagne, or an expertly mixed cocktail or digestif.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Greet every guest, every time in a warm and friendly manner making them feel welcome
• Develop a thorough knowledge of Afternoon Tea, accompanying Tea menu, and Champagne menus enabling you to answer guest queries with confidence
• Provide a distinctive, warm, professional and intuitive guest service to our guests
• Foster a one team approach within the restaurant & kitchen team
• Passionate about being commercially best in class acting on “up sell” opportunities
• Owns opening and closing duties including the set up and break down of stations, clearing and re-setting tables and checking tables before service is provided
• Passionate about the overall cleanliness and presentation of the Garden Room and the hotel.
The Ideal Candidate
As a Garden Room Host it is essential you can display the following:
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with attention to detail
• Be empowered to use your initiative to ensure guest satisfaction
• Ability to work under pressure, whilst maintaining a positive and can do attitude
• Customer focused with the commitment to delivering sensational service