Wedding & Events Sales Executive
Overview of the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Wedding and Events Sales Executive to join our team in this beautiful historic venue in York city centre. You will be responsible for growing the hotel’s wedding business through both proactive and reactive sales and you will be responsible for effectively handling and converting wedding and social enquiries from the initial stages through to final details.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide effective co-ordination of all Weddings and Events with the overall aim to surprise and delight our clients.
- Convert all enquires to the Conference Sales Office and be aware of the enquiry conversion targets set by the Revenue Manager.
- Conduct inspirational show rounds for Weddings and Special Events, ensuring that the correct information is given to the client and up selling opportunities are identified.
- Maintain contact with clients from the point of booking through to the event (including on the day if required), finalising details and ensuring payments are up to date.
- Build great relationships and deliver effective communication between the Conference Office and Operations to ensure the successful delivery of all events.
- Produce accurate function sheets for each event with clear billing instructions and communication of these to the Operations team.
- Liaise with external suppliers ensuring the supply of their goods and services meet the requirements of the clients.
- Promote a helpful and professional image to the client, anticipating client needs whenever possible to enhance the quality of service offered by the property and ensure client loyalty is maintained.
- Actively promote the company in a professional manner at all times including the attendance at client events, networking and familiarisation visits as required.
- Proactively research and analyse competitor information, local press leads and explore all new opportunities to create sales activity in order to grow the wedding and banqueting business.
- Adhere to all Company and Hotel procedures relevant to the role, this includes sales disciplines and procedures, producing statistical information and billing.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will need excellent organisation and time management skills with an eye for detail and the ability to use your own initiative.
- You will be sales orientated with proven networking experience with the ability to proactively promote the brand and our amazing venue to maximise revenue.
- Previous experience within a similar wedding/events role is preferred but not essential for the right candidate with a passion for hospitality and delivering fantastic weddings and events for our clients.
- We are looking for someone with the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive, can do attitude.
- Communication skills are essential, with the ability to build strong and effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the business and to create a rapport with guests.
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a drive to succeed to be the best.You must also be fully IT literate.
- It would be advantageous if you had some knowledge and experience of Opera.