Assistant Manager - Edinburgh
Assistant Manager – Tigerlily, Edinburgh
Tigerlily is the Capital’s most talked-about boutique hotel, bar and restaurant.
A stylish and contemporary award-winning bar and restaurant with infamous cocktail menu (with over 150 concoctions) and moreish seasonal menus, and come the weekend we become one of the liveliest venues in the capital. Our beautiful Georgian building houses 33 stylish suites and bedrooms, effortlessly marrying contemporary style with original features. Situated on Edinburgh’s George Street, Tigerlily boasts a central location close to the city’s key attractions. It is the perfect hybrid venue that seamlessly evolves each day through breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea, after work food and drinks, early evening bites, dinner, cocktails to late night drinking.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated manager to take the next step in their career working in one of Scotland`s award winning restaurant groups.
Assistant Manager Responsibilities:
- Sole responsibility for running shift, including security of the building, staff and members of the public.
- Maintaining and driving consistently high standards of service and product.
- Supervise training of junior members of staff and management. Ensure training is consistent across all team members.
- Daily cash handling and control of wages on a weekly and daily basis
- Input into all areas management including all KPI targets such as GP %, environmental health issues etc.
- Primary responsibility for controlling costs such as repairs, credit and rotas. Responsible along with the General Manager of developing junior managers within these areas
- Pro-active recruitment of staff members to the venue to ensure rotas are consistently filled and maintained.
Assistant Manager Skill Requirements:
- Skilled in shift management and have experience of running a team
- Possess a passion and knowledge for the hospitality industry
- Be driven and focussed on first class standards across every aspect of the operation and have a good eye for detail.
- Have shown loyalty and longevity throughout their career with a minimum of 1 years’ experience at an Assistant Manager level.
- Have excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Have excellent personal presentation and be consummately professional at all times.
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Holidays: 28 days holiday per annum
Regular Incentives Companywide are available
Access and progression through accredited FLOW Hospitality modules
We offer a competitive rate of pay, monthly bonus scheme, excellent career development opportunities, personal development and a friendly, social working environment.