Sous Chef - Nationwide
Sous Chef - Nationwide
Everyone has a different idea of what holiday eating should consist of and as a result we offer a varied Modern European menu to cater for all of our guests across breakfast, lunch and dinner. The club has one main restaurant along with four bars serving a variety of snacks at various points during the day. All of our dishes are created with the best local ingredients and designed with different ages, tastes and dietary requirements in mind.
We are looking for a talented and creative Sous Chef who can lead a team in a fast-paced kitchen and produce some fantastic dishes which inspire our guests to visit our restaurant several times during their stay.
Please note this is a seasonal position from mid-May until mid-September.
FOOD AT PELIGONI
Breakfast is a balance of healthy options and old favourites. During the day the focus is very much on family dining, offering something for all, including delicious tapas style dishes, healthy superfood salads, juicy burgers, fresh fish done simply, thin crust pizzas loaded with generous toppings and locally-inspired sharing plates.
Evenings at Peligoni are a unique affair with something different happening each night and the restaurant menu reflects this. From a la carte to family feasts and indulgent tasting menus to elaborate sharing platters, there are plenty of opportunities to get creative.
From time to time, the club hosts some fantastic events, from elaborate weddings for 200 guests to intimate milestone birthday parties, which all of the team love to involved in. Food is often a key part of these events and where the kitchen is put in the spotlight.
With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food is an integral part of their holiday. Working in the kitchen is challenging and fast-paced, yet incredibly rewarding. This is a great opportunity to work alongside a team of experienced and creative chefs who enjoy expressing themselves through food.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a team of experienced chefs to take on the challenge of running our busy restaurant, offering food all day and which, during peak season, can host as many as 300 guests over lunchtime and up to 130 on most evenings.
The ideal candidates will have the following attributes:
- A passion for food and producing creative and exciting new dishes
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Self-motivated, pro-active and flexible
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Problem solving and adapting in the kitchen
- Assist the Head Chef with day to day running of the restaurant
- Liaise with purchasing companies for food orders in the absence of the Head Chef
- Maintain profit margins on food
- Contribute to the creation of new menus and dishes that cater to guests of all ages and consider different tastes and dietary requirements
- Assist with the mentoring and training of junior chefs
- Maintain a high standard of food with the aim of exceeding our guest’s expectations
- Ensure all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef qualification or extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a chef in a full-service restaurant
- Experience in a 2 Rosette restaurant is desirable
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a supervisory role
- Available for either the full season (May-September)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa