Head Chef - Axbridge
Head Chef - The Lamb Inn, Axbridge
Up to £30,000 package including Bonus Scheme
In 1978 we shut out the world and made beer. At that time, no one was risking it all starting a traditional brewery, making simple, premium, easy-drinking ale. To do so was an act of defiance. Or madness. Fast forward to today and we’re holding fast to our values and heading off on another exciting journey. This time we’re defying convention by significantly expanding and investing in our diverse and distinctive collection of pubs and inns, with everything from bustling high-street pubs, cosy country inns and beautiful boutique hotels across the south and west of England.
Located in the beautiful Cheddar Valley market town of Axbridge, the Lamb is a great, traditional English pub. Dating back to 1480, the Lamb has all the features you’d expect from a pub just shy of 600 years old – low beams, open fireplaces and country bric-a-brac on its walls. The Lamb serves up traditional pub food, using fresh, seasonal and quality ingredients, delicious cask ale and is the perfect place to stop by after a country walk nearby.
As a Butcombe Head Chef, you’ll be the heart and soul of your kitchen and a driving force within the business. When it comes down to it, you will be leading a team that are all about making memories by delivering great food and an unrivalled guest experience. It’s the best job in the business. You will:
- Deliver some of the best food in the industry
- Showcase your passion and enthusiasm for cooking fresh, locally sourced and quality ingredients
- Adore all things food and drink and appreciate what a good plate of food looks and tastes like
- Recruit & develop a fantastic team
- Have a strong eye for business performance and great business skills
- Be a go-getter that is here to make an impact in the industry
You will also be great with people and looking for every opportunity to create unforgettable memories for your guests. A great team motivator with strong leadership abilities. Ideally you’ll have managed house pub experience but this is not essential, we’re much more interested in you than what it says on your CV. You will have a background in quality, fresh food cooking. You love your job and take great pride in your successes.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 20% off food and drink in all Butcombe managed houses
- Special team rates when you stay in a Butcombe Hotel or Inn
- Unrivalled opportunity for progression and development within the group
- Dedicated training and career progression
- Sensible working hours within a friendly environment
- Mentorship from experienced industry professionals
- Butcombe Futures Academy – industry recognised and accredited training
- Live in accommodation (subject to availability)
- Inspiration Days and Local Supplier Visits
- Generous performance-related incentive scheme
There’s never been a better time to join Butcombe Pub & Inns, so if this describes you, please apply now as we’d love for you to join us on our exciting journey.
Please make sure you tell us in your application exactly why you think you’d be a great member of the Butcombe family.
Apply for Head Chef - Axbridge
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly