Childrens Activities Assistant (Childcare) - Chelmsford
Are you great fun and a brilliant team player? Are you dedicated to making sure our younger members have a wickedly good time?
We’re looking for a Childrens Activities Assistant to be a positive and engaging influence to our younger members. Virgin Active Club-V offers a fantastic range of activities for ages six weeks to 15 years and you’ll be there to help keep these important people safe and happy.
- Providing an excellent level of care to the children within your supervision by delivering exciting and engaging activities and sessions including:
o Crèche activities; story time, active games, playground games
o Birthday parties; sports games, creative parties
o Sports activity camps throughout school holidays
o Afterschool activities; active games, active crew sessions and activities.
- Ensure a safe environment at all times by complying with Health & Safety and department policies as well as making sure all facilities and equipment are well maintained and properly stored.
- Communicate effectively and build relationships with parents and care givers, informing them of key achievements or any issues during the sessions.
- Assist the Club V management to meet and exceed set targets and objectives, help achieve commercial success within the department and wider Club team.
What we can’t live without…
To be successful, you’ll need to love looking after and entertaining children of all ages. You’ll be friendly and approachable, with the ability to stay calm whatever the situation and are not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Level 2 Childcare or Playwork related NVQ or equivalent
- Previous experience working with children, and working in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, with the ability to respond appropriately & professionally to the different people you interact with including parents, children and colleagues.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and work politely and efficiently in all situations.
- Enhanced DBS clearance before start date.
**Please note that Health and Social care does not cover the required qualification**
This role is part time, working 8 hours per week. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business; specific shift patterns include weekends (9am-1pm) with possible birthday parties (9am-4.30pm)
Why not master your trade in a diverse and fun environment, we’ll support you in this great new challenge with coaching and development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Dedicated Manager, there to support and promote your development
- Complimentary gym membership for you and a buddy
- Virgin Tribe – discounts on loads of Virgin products & services.
- 30 days holiday (pro rata) including bank holidays
- Bonus birthday day off - an extra day off to celebrate your birthday however you see fit!