Hospitality Internship - Alexandria
Hospitality Internship Programmes 2018 - Loch Lomond Golf Club, Alexandria
Hours: 40 hours per week contract
Loch Lomond Golf Club’s Hospitality Internship Programme provides amazing opportunities for undergraduates and graduates, and those wishing to make a head start in a career in hospitality management.
Our comprehensive, 2 year programme will prepare you for a rewarding career, working alongside experienced Managers in all departments, where your skills and talents will be honed through first-hand experience of hospitality in a 5 star environment.
Whether or not you have experience in hospitality, our objective is to create a solid foundation on which you can build your career. Your first season will be spent under the watchful eye of our team of highly skilled and experienced Food and Beverage and Front of House Managers. This is a unique opportunity to watch and learn from those already experienced in their field, asking questions along the way. You will be trained on department standards, such as our casual brasserie-style restaurant, to fine dining and events. During the winter season, you will gain knowledge and experience in a variety of departments including Reservations, Reception, Concierge, Accounts, HR, IT, Maintenance and Housekeeping. In Year 2, you will be exposed to operational and management meetings, participate in individual and group projects, take on responsibilities for training and assessing new team members, as well as taking on more supervisory and team lead roles.
Our Training program includes:
- Equipping you with the practical front line skills through our Red Stag training programme to deliver an exceptional customer experience every time.
- How to move customer service from 5 star to 6 star with an emphasis on creativity in delivering the customer promise and how will you make someone feel special.
- Developing a winning team with good communication, honesty, mutual respect and achieving clear goals
- Developing a strong business acumen and commercial awareness
- Problem solving and thinking on your feet
- Self-development of your knowledge and skills
- Building on the passion and the love of the job you do
- Modern Apprenticeship Qualification
- 1st Year – You will complete level 2 of the SVA
- 2nd Year – You will complete level 3 of the SVA
- IOSH – Institute of Safety & Health
- Leadership potential (Managing People for Growth Programme).
- These 6 externally run courses are designed to continue your professional and essential skills development for management long term success.
Career advancement is the ultimate goal of this flexible training programme which provides the framework for gaining the necessary skills, knowledge and experience for future opportunities. First of all we demonstrate what it takes to build a winning culture within a successful business, then we train you how to lead a team before layering on responsibility and accountability which take place during your second season.
Upon successful completion of our Hospitality Internship Programme you will be rewarded with a Loch Lomond Certificate of Excellence and provided with a pathway to success to further your career.
In addition to salary, 30 days holiday per year, end of season gratuity payment, uniforms, complementary meals and staff discount benefits and golf, we can also arrange accommodation.