Head Chef - Lancaster
Head Chef - Lancaster
Reports to: Store manager, Operations managers.
To work as a member of a team whose aim it is to serve Guests, in all ways, to the highest possible standard at all times.
- To maintain the highest standard of food and service according to Patisserie Valerie specifications.
- To manage kitchen standards, work closely with Store Management, control wage costs, reduce waste and maximise margin in line with maintaining food quality and specifications to the Patisserie Valerie standard.
- To provide a safe & clean working environment for all chefs and kitchen porters according to Health and Safety legislation and regulations.
- To ensure all food purchases are correct for the level of trade with store management and that produce arrives in good condition.
- To ensure that all purchases, credit notes, transfers, delivery notes and staff food is in line with company procedures.
- To ensure F.I.F.O stock management is in place.
- To ensure all products are dated correctly in line with company procedures.
- To achieve the budgeted target food gross profit, through accurate stock control, purchasing & portion control.
- To always ensure you are totally familiar with and adhere to all recipes and have the knowledge and ability to maintain and run all sections in the kitchen.
- To ensure that all chefs receive training on all equipment that they are required to use during their working day and to record such training in their personnel files.
- The head chef must keep up to date files on all staff members in the kitchen along with store management.
- All staff must be assessed regularly and set realistic goals to achieve. All assessment notes must be kept on file.
- To ensure all staff receive regular training, according to Patisserie Valerie procedures, relevant to their job description, and that training is documented and kept on file.
- To prepare weekly cleaning schedules for all chefs and K.P.'s according to the level of business and the budgets and in line with company procedures.
- To participate in weekly meeting with the store manager.
- To liaise, work with and effectively communicate with the kitchen team to maintain standards, train team members and adhere to all company policies, procedures and specifications.
- To be punctual at all times and ensure the punctuality of all kitchen staff.
- To report all complaints, incidents, accidents and other irregularities to the store management.
- To discipline all staff equally and fairly in accordance with the law and the company's disciplinary procedures.
- To abide by the house rules at all times.
- To ensure all staff wear and maintain the correct protective uniform at all times.
- To pro-actively work with store and operations to recruit kitchen team members following company employment procedures.
- To promote effective teamwork amongst staff by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development
- To ensure that all sections are adequately staffed with chefs trained and qualified to work those sections.
- To control the expediting of food and ensure Guests receive the highest standard of food and service possible.
- To motivate all staff and project a positive attitude at all times.
- Ensure all staff have a basic food hygiene certificate with a copy on file.
- To hold or attend all meetings deemed necessary by the executive chef and store manager.
- To carry out any reasonable request as made by a member of store management / Operations.
- Maintain and service all equipment regularly to a safe and hygienic standard. Report any failure of equipment to the store manager / operations and HR / Company Auditor.
- To ensure that all procedures and training relating to COSHH is administered and recorded.
- Ad hoc responsibilities in line with Operational Requirements.
Apply for Head Chef - Lancaster
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly