Sales and Bookings Assistant - London
Sales and Bookings Assistant - Bethnal Green, London
Our busy sales and bookings team looking after 6 venues in Central & East London and based at the Electric Star head office are now looking for a dynamic and energetic assistant. Do you have experience in the hospitality industry in reservations or sales or perhaps you are an administrator looking for the step up into a sales role?
Electric Star prides itself on opening venues in locations that are on the up, taking over neglected sites and transforming them into quirky establishments that have a great ethos of serving great food and amazing drinks, with a backdrop of cutting edge DJ’s and events. We host weekly events such as a pub quiz, brunch, roast, cocktail evenings, so plenty of variety within this role.
Previous experience working in a similar role/environment is essential.
- Extensive bookings and diary management for 7 of the company’s venues
- Answer all calls and email enquiries
- Contact new enquiries made via the website using Collins (booking system)
- Determine appropriate venue for customers/corporate clients
- Upsell food & drink packages to maximize revenue
- Confirm bookings and follow up ‘in progress’ enquiries to meet targets
- Liaise with venue managers/kitchen operators regarding bookings
- Contact customers post---event to gain feedback on their experience
- Contribute ideas to grow the business
- Assist with organising annual Bethnal Green street party and Hackney Downs festival
- General office administrative duties as required
Key Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a bookings/reservations/administrative/office role or environment is ESSENTIAL
- Working knowledge of MS package & experience of Collins an advantage
- Confident telephone manner is a must as cold calling is an integral part of the role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outgoing personality
- Ability to resolve queries in a proactive, practical and positive manner
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities with minimum supervision
- Flexible approach to work
- A passion for your work, and where the business is going
If you possess all the necessary skills/experience and this role sounds ideal to you then please apply!