Front of House - London
Front of House - 17 Templeton Place, London
The Front of House Department works in conjunction with Sales and Revenue as well as the onsite teams.
The Guest Services Team Member is responsible for managing guest experience, developing relationships with our regular guests and clients and understanding their individual needs. The department is responsible for handling all guest related queries 24 / 7 and liaises constantly with maintenance and housekeeping departments, to ensure the overall smooth running of Supercity’s aparthotels.
The Guest Services Team Member has to perform and coordinate various tasks in order to offer an exceptional level of customer service to all guests before, during and after their stay whilst ensuring the smooth operations of the Aparthotel.
The main task of the Guest Services Team Member is to perform reception tasks and coordinate the operations for the site to ensure uninterrupted service to guests and to maintain high standards at all times. You will be responsible for ensuring that the Supercity housekeeping standards are adhered to and for the health and safety compliance for the site.
- Taking reservations and coordinating with the Sales & Reservations Agents to maximise yield.
- Pre-arrival suite checks in order to maintain high standards at all times.
- Inputting and managing Opera PMS to maximise occupancy.
- Preparing paperwork for arrivals and departures.
- Check-in / out guests offering genuine bespoke hospitality at all times.
- Responding to guests needs in a polite, accommodating and flexible manner.
- Coordinating with maintenance and housekeeping in relation to arrival, departures, special requests and any issues that need attention.
- Processing payments in a timely manner and following up on any outstanding payments for long stay guests.
- Responsible for the on-site petty cash including monthly reporting for accounts.
- End of day PMS functions including cash and credit card balancing and batch reports.
- Billing guests for extras (telephone, laundry etc.)
- Suite and building spot checks to assess standards and report any areas of concern.
- Maintaining in-room information packs.
- Document lost and found and storage procedures.
- Maintaining office stock levels and ordering from nominated suppliers.
- Complying with health and safety procedures at all times.
- Distribute mail, messages and packages to in house guests liaising with all support functions as necessary.
- Supervising the on-site cleaning and maintenance team.
- Ensuring the Opera is updated with relevant housekeeping and maintenance data.
- Maintaining aparthotel stock and purchase ordering.
- Coordinate with nominated sub-contractors for any emergencies or call-outs.
Education / Qualifications / Training:
GCSE English Language and Maths or equivalent at grade A-C
A Levels or equivalent (Grade A-C or advanced level)
Genuine interest in the serviced apartment / hotel industry
A travel / tourism related course or qualification
Abilities / Skills / Knowledge:
- The job holder will be outgoing and confident with a sense of professionalism at all times.
- Reception and / or reservation experience in a hotel or serviced apartment business.
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced and customer service driven environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail as well as a great passion for fantastic customer service.
- Knowledge of OPERA software
- Basic knowledge of revenue management systems and inventory management.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to handle guest related matters including complaints in an efficient and professional manner.
- Ability to supervise and delegate with regards to outcomes of room checks.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Some experience in serviced apartments
- Broad knowledge of basic accounting procedures i.e. accounts receivable, posting journals, processing payments on PDQ.
Salary: £19,500 pa
Shift: NIGHTS 4 on / 4 off
Bonus (KPI based)