Greenkeeper - Newport
- Job Type
- Full Time
Qualified Greenkeeper - The Celtic Manor Resort, Newport
We are looking to recruit a Greenkeeper to help ensure our golf courses are maintained to optimum level we require a qualified Greenkeeper to join our team, (NVQ L2 or L3 in greenkeeping - or equivalent). You will have a proven track record of work experience, be self motivated, a team player and ideally hold spraying and chainsaw certificates, this is desirable but not essential
In this role you will be exposed to cleaning and lawn maintenance chemicals and all weather conditions and prolonged periods of standing and/or walking as well as the operation of heavy machinery. In light of this you must be over 18 to apply.
Examples of duties:
- Mow and treat greens, tees, aprons, approaches to greens and rough areas.
- Rake and edge sand traps, aerate and spike greens.
- Verticut tees and greens.
- Operate sod cutter, spray rig, fertilizer spreaders and other equipment as directed.
- Perform basic preventive maintenance on equipment as directed by mechanic or assistant, to include replacing fuel and oil and daily cleaning; reporting equipment problems or failures and properly storing equipment.
Staff accommodation available for candidates living outside of the Local area
We look forward to hearing from you!