Assistant General Manager - London
Assistant General Manager - Sir John Balcombe, Marylebone
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant General Manager, looking for a challenge! The Sir John Balcombe has a real mix of customers; residents from the local area, commuters from Marylebone Station, which is a few minutes walk away and professionals from nearby offices. With a full menu and two bar areas, we need only the most dynamic of Assistant General Managers to apply!
Our Assistant Managers are our General Managers’ right hand person, ready to support and be ready to take the lead in their absence. Just like our Managers, our Assistant Managers are the heart of our pubs, enthusiastic in their approach, with the ambition to grow and develop their career.
We pride ourselves on providing an outstanding guest experience, regardless of the occasion. Our Assistant Managers are innovative; experts in creating an unbeatable sense of belonging in our individual pubs and always striving for the best for our guests; after all, we are in the business of hospitality! We call this ‘pubbiness’.
So, who are we?
We are an eclectic collection of pubs, bound together by our pillars and values. Our vision is to create an unbeatable sense of belonging in our individual pubs.
- We stretch: We stretch and strive to make things better by questioning what we do and the way we think.
- We do good: We do the right thing, not always the easy thing. We care about doing good for other people and the world we live in.
- We make it fun: We create a positive environment, celebrate our successes and seek ways to have fun with our teams and guests
- We give the freedom to succeed: We make our best decisions close to our guests. We give each other the confidence, trust and support to succeed or fail and get stuff done.
Are you up for the challenge? We’d love to talk to you if:
- You know how to supervise within a predominantly drinks-led business
- You have some food experience
- You have great people management skills
- You have fantastic sales skills and love the challenge of exceeding KPI’s
- You have good understanding of P&L management within a similar environment
- You are innovative and commercially aware
- You are excellent at managing your time and can tell us how you have done this.
- You are an effective communicator on all levels; to customers and colleagues alike
What’s in it for you?
Aside from working with a brilliant company of people, we can also throw in some great benefits!
- Competitive salary
- Discount on meals at Bermondsey Pubs
- Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday