Leisure Club Manager - Dudley
We have an exciting opportunity for a Leisure Club Manager to join our highly successful team at Village Gym Dudley where you will receive a competitive salary plus amazing benefits which include FREE parking, FREE membership to our state of the art gyms, excellent holiday allowance as well as discounted food & beverage and stays in our hotels.
As our Leisure Club Manager you will know and understand what it means to deliver amazing hospitality and will thrive on the challenge of always exceeding guest’s expectations. You will be expected to achieve a level of service through the constant monitoring of our established brand standards. As a result you should be highly attentive to detail and be capable of delivering consistent standards. You should have a can do attitude. In this type of industry teamwork is key; you should be a strong team player willing to lend a hand wherever needed.
You must have experience in a similar environment with the knowledge and confidence to deliver the role described below.
As a Leisure Club Manager you will:
- Deliver the group strategy in order to deliver commercial returns.
- Drive and adhere to consistent brand standards and profit performance through effective selection of resource, inspiration and development of team.
- This role is all about driving quality and value that ensures amazing hospitality, by executing group strategy, leading by example and challenging to deliver and celebrate results.
- You take overall responsibility for all leisure activities, ensuring the smooth running of leisure club operations in terms of both sales and membership retention.
- Deliver consistently high standards of service and customer satisfaction in line with company procedures and unit profitability, through your team who are known for happy, productive and positive member interaction.
- Achieve budgeted Revenue
- Achieve budgeted EBITDA
- Achieve targeted guest satisfactions scores
- Achieve targeted internal audit score
- People engagement
- Create an engaged team through development opportunities, reward & recognition and a culture of team work and support.
- Deliver the group strategy consistently throughout the year
- Design a local strategy to engage the department
- Communicate the strategy and create buy in with operational teams
- Monitor progress on the delivery of the strategy operationally
- Ensure brand standards are consistently delivered using appropriate training resources tools and audit measures/ actions plans
- Be a hands on leader who constantly champions brand standards, influencing the team to deliver amazing hospitality whilst driving results
- To create an intensity around excellence and service that drives performance of the department
- Network the local community and partner initiatives in order to maximise the brand recognition amongst local residents and businesses
- To ensure data is captured and recorded through all appropriate departments
- Create, drive and achieve engagement in the team so employees are motivated to deliver amazing hospitality
- Share experience and personal passion to lead a strong development culture, where the majority of managers are internally promoted. Training and development is consistently given high priority to achieve a ready pipeline of quality internal candidates.
- To flex payroll cost so it is always in line with revenue
- To ensure appropriate stock control processes are in place
- To drive on site sales by ensuring up selling is happening in the department
- To ensure sales plan is delivering revenue as per budget
- To control costs proactively to deliver profit conversion
- Submit accurate and robust forecasts
- Comply with accounting processes as per the internal audit
- To take reasonable steps to identify and where possible rectify risk and comply with all health and safety legislation
Due the size of the operation and turnover of the club, the following are must haves of the successful candidate:
- 2 or more years experience as a manager within the Leisure Industry.
- Preferred Sales and Operational experience in a club with over 3000 members.
- A proven track record in membership growth and deliverance of brand excellence.
Apply for Leisure Club Manager - Dudley
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly