Chef - Borehamwood
Full Time Chef
Are you looking to work within a great team, serving classic pub food, within a Company who trains and develops their kitchen teams? Great! We are currently recruiting for a Full Time Chef to work within our busy kitchen team.
The Mops & Brooms is situated in Well End, Borehamwood and is in splendid rural solitude on the north edge of Borehamwood on the way to Shenley, with magnificent views across Hertfordshire –due to location you would need your own transport or you would need to live locally.
As part of McMullen’s McFayre concept we deliver classic pub food, alongside perfectly kept cask ales and a great selection of seasonal drinks. We are proud of our reputation within the area for being a great community pub and therefore finding the right Team Member to join us is essential.
The Mops & Brooms is part of the McMullen family and therefore have the backing of an independent, long standing Company who make decisions based on the long term. On top of a competitive salary we can offer:-
- 50% discounted meals when you are working
- 25% discount card for you and your friends on your day off
- Fantastic training and career development if you wish to progress
- A step into a progressive Company who believe in treating people as a name, not a number
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Preparing and serving our menu to a high standard as per Company specification to ensure our guests return again and again
- Maintaining food hygiene and health & safety standards within the business and completion of Company paperwork with regards to such standards
- Receiving deliveries and maintaining the correct storage of food
- Maintaining and clean and safe kitchen environment
The right person will have a positive hands on approach, good communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Previous experience of working within a busy kitchen is essential however further training and development will be given in house and also in our Development Kitchen in Hertford. You will need to be eligible to work in the UK with a valid UK bank account and NI number.