Sous Chef - Welwyn
Are you looking for a career within a fresh food concept that develops their people and are looking for Kitchen Managers of the future? Great! We are currently recruiting for a motivated and driven Sous Chef to join our team.
The North Star is situated in Welwyn and is part of McMullen’s Destination Inns we deliver our guests a full table service dining experience, offering a classic British seasonal menu alongside daily changing Specials which the kitchen team create. We are proud of our reputation for great quality fresh food and as Sous Chef you will be an integral part of helping us deliver this.
Why Destination Inns?
Destination Inns are part of the McMullen family, who make decisions for the long term. We believe in looking after our teams, and creating a positive working atmosphere. On top of a competitive salary we can offer:-
- 50% discounted meal when you are working
- 25% discount card for you and your friends on your days off
- Lots of reward and recognition opportunities including our now famous annual go-karting event
- An award winning training and development programme helping you to achieve the next level if you want to!
Key Responsibilities for the Role
- Delivering the food concept to Company standard and exceeding guest expectations
- All aspects of food stock control including ordering, deliveries, stock taking and control of wastage
- Supporting the Kitchen Manager in the smooth running of the kitchen and deputising in their absence
- Training and developing the kitchen team so that they can reach their potential
- All aspects of Food Safety and Health & Safety compliance in accordance with the law and Company policy
Previous experience of working within a busy kitchen is essential. You must be keen to develop, willing to take on responsibility and remain calm under pressure. You will also need to be eligible to work in the UK with a valid UK bank account and NI number.
Are you a Kitchen Manager of the future? If so please apply today and we will be in touch.