Kitchen Manager - Milton Keynes
Are you looking for a career at a great pub serving classic pub dishes within an established company? Great! We are currently recruiting for a motivated and driven Kitchen Manager to join our team.
The Old Beams is part of McMullen’s expanding destination concept offering our guests full table service dining experience, offering a classic British seasonal menu alongside daily changing Specials which the kitchen team create. We are proud of our reputation for great quality fresh food and exceptional service, therefore finding the right Kitchen Manager to join our friendly team is essential.
The Old Beams offers relaxed dining at the heart of Shenley Lodge. With the remnants of the historical pub abutted to the newer oak framed barn, the ingeniously reconstructed Old Beams is a glorious triumph of gastronomy over adversity! Guest can dine inside warmed by log fires in the vaulted oak barn or private dining rooms of the old pub or, weather permitting, alfresco in the garden or on the patio. Serving up to 1000 main meals a week, this is the perfect opportunity for an experienced Kitchen Manager to make their mark.
Why Destination Inns?
Destination Inns are part of the McMullen family and therefore have the backing of an independent, long standing Company who make decisions based on the long term. On top of a competitive salary we can offer:-
- Achievable bonus scheme
- 50% discounted meal when you are working
- 25% discount card for you and your friends on your days off
- Lots of reward and recognition opportunities including our now famous annual go-karting event
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- The ability to cook and present dishes, in line with specification, in a fast paced environment.
- The capability to deliver food GP% to budget.
- Experience in stocktaking and management of stock control.
- Excellent communication skills
- Exemplary standards of personal hygiene and presentation.
- The ability to recruit, train and coach junior team members.
- A strong understanding of food health and safety.
Previous experience of working within a busy kitchen is essential. You must be keen to develop, willing to take on responsibility and remain calm under pressure. You will also need to be eligible to work in the UK with a valid UK bank account and NI number.
If you are interested, please apply today and we will be in touch.