Commis Chef - Glasgow
JOB TITLE: Commis Chef
REPORTING TO: Head Chef
KEY LIAISON: All departments/employees
JOB TYPE: Full Time
SCOPE & MAIN PURPOSE
Gleddoch, one of the most prestigious hotel, golf and spa resorts located in Renfrewshire is recruiting a Commis Chef to join our existing team. Gleddoch is a 70-bedroom hotel, golf course, luxurious spa with food and beverage outlets.
Our kitchens are busy, therefore you will need to have the desire to work within a high volume kitchen. The ideal candidate will be keen to pursue a career in catering, may already be studying professional cookery at college and have a great hunger for learning and development.
As a commis chef you will have responsibility of supporting the entire brigade in different areas of preparation and service, adhering to health & safety rules and maintaining high levels of cleanliness.
We proudly commit to training and development at Gleddoch, the role of Commis Chef will allow the successful candidate to learn lots of new skills and techniques in food preparation and presentation. The existing brigade are highly skilled and have a vast amount of experience to offer new recruits.
- Comply with the company codes of conduct at all times.
- Familiarise yourself with the company policies and procedures plus employee handbook and lead by example in demonstrating behaviours that we expect all employees to display.
- Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by your line manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
- Have the desire and ability to improve your knowledge and abilities through on-going training and development.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries.
- Produce reports as required/requested by your line manager.
- Attend business reviews/board meetings as appropriate and actively contribute to all internal meetings.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to health, hygiene and fire safety.
- Familiarise yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- To attend training when required.
- To be responsible for your own personal development at work and strive to be the best in what you do, taking care and pride in your work.
- To participate in your annual review discussion and any subsequent conversations to review performance and objectives.
- To have a flexible approach to the hours you are required to work.
- To be fully aware of and adhere to the health and safety regulations concerning your employment and promote a safe environment for yourself, your colleagues and our guests.
Due to the nature of our business this is by no means a complete listing of the responsibilities of the role and you may be asked to complete other duties as a result of a business need.
Ideally the successful candidate will have experience working in a Hotel accounts department and have a good understanding of the operational procedures throughout a hotel business.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- A great place to work
- A rate of pay that exceeds national minimum wage
- A full uniform Discounted food, beverage and accommodation rates
- Discounted Spa treatments
- Discounted access to the leisure facilities
- Discounted access to the 18-hole championship golf course
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
If this job ticks all the boxes for you and you can deliver the high standards that are expected from a hotel such as Gleddoch come and talk to us.