Chef de Partie - Glasgow
Chef de Partie - Glasgow
REPORTING TO: Head Chef
KEY LIAISON: All departments/employees
JOB TYPE: Full Time
SCOPE & MAIN PURPOSE
Gleddoch, one of the most prestigious hotel, golf and spa resorts located in Renfrewshire is recruiting a Chef de Partie to join our existing team. Gleddoch is a 70-bedroom hotel, golf course, luxurious spa with food and beverage outlets.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within large volume restaurants or hotels and will be someone who has lots of stamina and a real enthusiasm for personal development.
Accommodation is available if necessary and consists of own room in recently refurbished chalet
The Chef De Partie role at Gleddoch is a role which will allow you to work closely with the Head Chef allowing you to learn, develop and gain inspiration to be ready for your next career move. There are specific skills which you will already need to be successful for this position. Apart from good cooking skills, an organised method of working and an ability to delegate appropriately you should have a grasp on profit margins, menu planning and menu costings.
We need dedicated, flexible and committed people to join our team therefore commitment to previous jobs should be shown throughout your CV.
- Comply with the company codes of conduct at all times.
- Familiarise yourself with the company policies and procedures plus employee handbook and lead by example in demonstrating behaviours that we expect all employees to display.
- Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by your line manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
- Have the desire and ability to improve your knowledge and abilities through on-going training and development.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries.
- Produce reports as required/requested by your line manager.
- Attend business reviews/board meetings as appropriate and actively contribute to all internal meetings.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to health, hygiene and fire safety.
- Familiarise yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- To attend training when required.
- To be responsible for your own personal development at work and strive to be the best in what you do, taking care and pride in your work.
- To participate in your annual review discussion and any subsequent conversations to review performance and objectives.
- To have a flexible approach to the hours you are required to work.
- To be fully aware of and adhere to the health and safety regulations concerning your employment and promote a safe environment for yourself, your colleagues and our guests.
Due to the nature of our business this is by no means a complete listing of the responsibilities of the role and you may be asked to complete other duties as a result of a business need.
Ideally the successful candidate will have experience working in a Hotel accounts department and have a good understanding of the operational procedures throughout a hotel business.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- A great place to work
- A rate of pay that exceeds national minimum wage
- A full uniform
- Discounted food, beverage and accommodation rates
- Discounted Spa treatments
- Discounted access to the leisure facilities
- Discounted access to the 18-hole championship golf course
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
If this job ticks all the boxes for you and you can deliver the high standards that are expected from a hotel such as Gleddoch come and talk to us.