Men’s Barber - London
Men’s Barber at The Ned - Part Time
How The Ned Happened
Taking over the City’s disused Midland Bank Building, Soho House & Co. and New York’s Sydell Group have collaborated to restore the beautiful Grade I listed building. Hosting 250 bedrooms, 10 restaurants, bars, a member’s club, Barber & Parlour, Ned’s Club Gym & Spa, two swimming pools, along with six dedicated event spaces.
The beauty and grooming spaces at The Ned bring together a range of men’s and women’s services in a relaxed and unpretentious atmosphere.
A classic, speakeasy-style barbershop for the modern gentleman, offering everything from a haircut to a traditional wet shave or facial. Complete with wood-panelled walls and cold beers, it’s perfect for an hour of escape (including a shoe shine) before a big event, or a quick spruce-up.
We’re searching for an experienced Barber to work part time within our team at The Ned. We are looking for someone with personality and flair to offer the highest standard of male grooming treatments, set within a stylish, relaxed environment.
Our barbers need to be knowledgeable about current trends and have a good eye for style, fashion and grooming.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
• NVQ 2 or NVQ 3 Hairdressing/ Barbering with Wet shave experience
• At least 3 years related experience
• Great skills in scissor over comb and cut-throat shaving
• Knowledge of current trends and fashion
• Excellent communication skills
• Confidence in your presentation and skills
• Experience running a full column
• Ability to recommend retail
• Ability to work within a team
• One of the most competitive salaries in the industry.
• 28 paid holidays per annum inclusive of bank holidays
• Salary exchange schemes, such as childcare vouchers and cycle-to work scheme
• Complimentary meals on duty
• Annual staff events
• Discounted rates at The Ned
• Fantastic career growth opportunities
Only those eligible to work in the UK or have a valid UK work permit/visa will be considered for the above position.
Thank you for showing your interest in The Ned – we know there’s a lot of choice out there – and we look forward to working with you.