Sous Chef - London
BAO are seeking a talented and passionate Sous Chef with experience of, or a keen interest in Asian cuisine, to join one of the most talked-about restaurant groups in town!
Awarded a Michelin Bib Gourmand, BAO serves innovative Asian dishes in an informal, fast-paced setting. BAO specialises in ‘xiao chi’ small snacks and ‘bao’ steamed milk buns, each individually made to a secret recipe the trio have spent years developing. The menus feature “Xiao Chi” – small eats – and a selection of sharing dishes.
When you join the BAO family as a Sous Chef, we will offer you:
• Up to £28,000 per annum, dependent upon experience
• 50% off dining across JKS Restaurants
• 28 days’ holiday per year
• Discounts on kitchenware, bicycles, gym memberships and fashion
• Employee referral bonus
• Employee of the Month
• Long Service awards, including prizes such as Eurostar tickets, and additional paid days off
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Free meals on duty, and ‘Pizza & Wine Night’ every Saturday evening
• Great staff parties!
What you’ll learn:
• You’ll receive a personalised development plan including a clear progression route. We value internal growth and see this an important aspect;
• You’ll automatically be enrolled into BAO University where we hold creative workshops, such as Butchery and Fish Filleting classes, and hold talks with interesting people;
• We encourage staff to participate in BAO’s field trips, learning and interacting with our suppliers;
• You’ll experience other restaurants within the group with organised chef swaps.
As Sous Chef of our Soho restaurant, you will support the Senior Sous Chef in managing and inspiring the team to deliver consistent, high quality dishes. There is excellent opportunity for you to develop your career within the restaurant and this growing business.
If you have the following, then we want to hear from you:
• Experience as a Junior Sous Chef or Senior Chef de Partie ready for a step up;
• Passion for delivering the highest quality dishes using locally-sourced produce;
• Experience of or a keen interest in Asian cuisine;
• Excellent communication and proven team leadership, training and development skills;
• Working knowledge of stock and margin controls, ordering systems, HACCP and health and safety.
If you are an enthusiastic team player who is passionate about food and hospitality, has excellent attention to detail, and a willingness to learn and develop with us. Then we want to hear from you. Good knowledge of or experience in Asian cuisine and culture is a bonus!
“I don’t know of any other single mouthful that potentially delivers a hit of such intense, pit-of-the-stomach, synapse-electrifying pleasure as the steamed bun”, AA Gill, Sunday Times (5 out of 5)