National Refrigeration Manager - National
Tesco Maintenance have a great opportunity for a dynamic National Refrigeration Manager. Leading a team of Maintenance Managers and Technicians, the National Refrigeration Manager delivers exceptional service and support to Tesco customers across the retail stores. Working flexibly and collaboratively with a range of stakeholders to provide professional maintenance and repair services in a timely manner to all relevant standards is essential to this role. The Manager will proactively look for opportunities to use their technical skills and those of the team to improve both the service provided and the experience for stakeholders. A core responsibility of the role is to deliver all associated services, planned and reactive maintenance to the retail stores in order to provide a safe and well maintained workplace for colleagues.
What the job includes:
- Leading a team of 3 Managers and 45 Service Technicians and 60 dedicated external contractors, delivering maintenance across approximately 3500 retail outlets nationwide, covering the whole Tesco estate.
- Providing regular 121s, support and coaching to the team, leading and supporting development and enabling their full potential to be reached.
- Developing a safety culture.
- Delivering great standards across the estate and ensuring compliance to all internal policies and applicable legislation.
- Developing and delivering an annual improvement plan.
- Ensuring the execution and close out of planned maintenance and reactive tasks is to a high professional standard.
- Provide a focal point for all technical property enquiries for key stakeholders and managing these relationships by including regular meeting and site visits.
- Managing relationships with key Property Managers from Engineering, Capital, Property and Safety teams to ensure a comprehensive maintenance service is delivered to Tesco standards and specifications.
- Contract relationship management with external maintenance suppliers and contract budget delivery.
- Developing and managing department annual maintenance budgets across all disciplines and delivering to the agreed spend.
- Maintain Tesco Maintenance standard operating procedures, emergency and contingency plans as and when required.
- Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working environment, maintain and review Tesco Maintenance health and safety policies and procedures for Tesco Maintenance colleagues and suppliers.
- Review the operation of the maintenance teams to improve service delivery, align to new standards and procedures while ensuring best value for money.
- Provide an environment conducive to learning, and ensure basic training needs are delivered, employees are fully competent to undertake their roles, and are able to reach their full potential.
- Ensure teams are manned by fully competent managers and technicians and that effective succession planning arrangements are in place.
- Provide incident response/management and root-cause analysis for any maintenance related incident.
- Delivering monthly, project and ad hoc reports.
- Putting community, customer and colleague's welfare at the heart of each project.
- Delivering change across my business area to consistently deliver performance and improve productivity.
- Delivering great results with year on year improvements.
- Developing and leading a high performing team, giving them the opportunities to be their best.
- Effectively using the insight developed by my team to shape strategic thinking and identifying potential opportunities.
- Business leaders and directors
- Distribution and Retail Operations Maintenance teams
- National Operating centres
- Contracts managers (internal and external) as and when required to do so
- Operational risk (health and safety teams)
The Ideal Candidate
Skills and experience needed to be great at this role:
- Experience of running a fast moving maintenance department with evidence of work in a Refrigeration, Mechanical or AC discipline.
- Relevant City and Guilds level 3 trade certificate.
- ONC / HNC in a mechanical discipline.
- Professional accreditation.
- Health & Safety qualification IOSH/NEBOSH.
- Management of remote teams.
- Commercial and business acumen.
- Communication and stakeholder management.
- Leadership and people management experience.
- Problem solving.
- Ability to build and manage budgets.
About The Company
At Tesco Maintenance, it's our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centres, Tesco banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we've got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team work internationally to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.
Everything we do in Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement to the overall shopping experience for our customers.
We offer excellent benefits that help to make Tesco Maintenance a great place to work. These include the right tools and equipment to help support employees every day. Uniform and personal protection equipment to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment. Support from a large regional team as well as training, qualifications and support to build a successful career. A fantastic package with regular exposure to Tesco deals, discounts and offers. After 6 months you will receive a Colleague Card, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line. When you join us you'll be able to join our Pensions scheme.