Customer Delivery Driver - Braintree
Click on the following to find out if you're the kind of person who's right for a job that can really take you places:
Play Video - The Importance of our Customer Delivery Drivers
Play Video - Becoming a Safe, Helpful and Friendly Driver
- Due to Health and Safety, this role requires you to have held a full UK driving license for more than 1 year.
- If you are applying for a vacancy on a flexible contract, this operates on the principle of you informing us upon interview your availability to work within an agreed 'window'. This will form part of your contract and your hours can be adjusted each week to meet the changing needs of the business.
Providing an excellent home shopping experience by putting our customers at the heart of everything we do is our main responsibility.
Before you leave the store or centre you'll:
- Load the van where required, and check your van for roadworthiness
- Understand the schedule and route that has been calculated for you
- Look the part in your uniform, ready to help our customers
- Drive safely, responsibly and within the law
- Be courteous to all road users
- Serve your customer with a smile and greet them by name
- Take care of your customer's deliveries as if they were your own
The role is hands on, physical and full of variety. No two shifts are ever the same - customers look for help in all kinds of different ways.
For most of the day you'll feel like your own boss, delivering to your customers on your own, but with a team of managers and colleagues back at base ready to support you when you need them.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for people who:
- Have had a full UK / EU / EEA driving licence for at least 12 months with no more than 3 penalty points
- Are safe and courteous drivers
- Enjoy helping others
- Are personable with a good sense of humour and excellent communication skills
- Are able to take the initiative and use common sense
- Care about making a difference for customers and colleagues
- Can stay calm under pressure
If this sounds like you, we can't wait to hear from you.
Please be aware that as part of our recruitment process, job offers are subject to a Criminal Record Check, which will be carried out by an external third party.
We are sorry but if you have been disqualified from driving within the last 5 years, we will not be able to accept your application.
About The Company
We're one of the fastest growing online grocery retailers in the UK and our team of delivery drivers make millions of deliveries every year from Lands End to John O'Groats.
We believe in doing the little things that really matter to our customers and colleagues. It's part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work.
Deliver more than just groceries
Would you like to join our valued and dedicated team of Customer Delivery Drivers?
As the face of Tesco, we deliver all the way from Lands End to John O'Groats. But what matters to us the most is our people - that's colleagues and customers.
You'll get the opportunity to meet and talk to different customers at their homes every day. That's why your job would be about much more than just driving. It's about helping others and delivering great service with a smile. It's about providing an essential service that helps make our customers' lives easier.
We are looking for friendly and helpful drivers who want to give customers the best service possible, and know the importance of safe driving.
Tesco is a great place to work with excellent benefits, rewards and development opportunities. You'll enjoy:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Various shift patterns available, including evenings and weekends
- Discount on your Tesco shopping
- Subsidised canteen
- Excellent training and development to support you in your role
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Health Plan
- Share schemes
- Special colleague offers throughout the year