Sales and Commercial Manager - Middleton
JW Lees has an exciting opportunity for a Sales and Commercial Manager to join the growing team. We’re going further to brew great times. Want to be part of it?
It all started for us in 1828 and although we brew some delicious beers and run some magnificent pubs we know it would be nothing without great people. As a Sales and Commercial Manager, you’ll get the chance to shine, contribute to our success each and every day and our team will give you their full support to help you to rise to the top.
With barrels of personality and enthusiasm by the gallon, you’ll be an expert in communication and know how to work well as part of a team. Leading by example, your work ethic will set the bar high and you’ll be as interesting and exciting as our award-winning ales. Ideally a professional in your field or one in the making, you’ll remain super cool under pressure and have a passion for setting and delivering outstanding and memorable customer experiences.
To work alongside key stakeholders within the Sales Team to drive the commercial side of the business, including margin analysis, new business analysis inclusive of loans and sponsorship applications, marketing and promotional activities, supplier support and strategic action planning, with the ultimate aim to increase sales and profitability within the Sales Team division.
Company level in liaison with the Commercial Manager:
- Responsibility for the compilation, delivery, and analysis of the promotional brochures in the Sales Division. Liaise with the purchasing and marketing departments to source the best deals and promote them in a positive and interesting way in the brochure. Analyse changes in buying patterns and adapt future promotions to optimise sales.
- Own the delivery of Trade Shows and other customer focused events within the Sales Division. This includes sourcing appropriate venues, liaising with purchasing, marketing, customer services and third-party suppliers to ensure the events go ahead on time and as planned, with interesting content and commercial benefit to the company.
- Analysis of category sales across the business and recommendations regarding pricing and promotional activity etc (margin maintenance).
- Work with the purchasing department to provide support with regards to the ordering process and stock management.
- Work with the Customer Services Manager to create a telesales promotional and incentive plan to drive sales growth. Source appropriate supplier support to fund this.
- Work with the Director of Sales regarding the strategic approach of delivering profitable growth on an ongoing basis.
- Analyse all sales statistics on a week to week basis to add value to the performance review process, both from an individual and team perspective.
- Analyse and process all repackaging requests with regard to the retention and development of the existing account base, with the emphasise on retaining as much margin as possible.
- Analyse and process all new business submissions inclusive of loans and sponsorship requests, ensuring they adhere to company KPI’s, again with the emphasis on delivering maximum margin.
- Generally, carry out margin analysis and formulate actions plans to optimise sales and margin for the division.
- Take ownership of the ‘Deals, Deals, Deals’ promotional brochure (as above) and any other promotional brochure as appropriate.
- Further take ownership of all customer focused trade events and sponsorship events.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting as required to support project work and product launches etc.
- Work with the individual sales team members to deliver a sales support package that exceeds our customers’ expectations. This will involve being the link both internally with the support teams and negotiating with third party brand owners to ensure we are always offering the” best in class” in terms of added value support.
- Ensuring that the sales team have the tools to do the job. This will involve monitoring stock of promotional kits, POS, glassware, sales literature. It will further involve keeping the price list relevant in terms the product offering and pricing.
- Responsibility for bringing together a form of communication that both keeps existing customers informed of what support we can offer and equally helps to sell the benefits of JW Lees to potential new customers.
- Work with the Director of Sales, IT Department, Marketing etc to create a more customer friendly and sales-oriented webpage with the aim of directing sales opportunities on a more regular basis our way.
- Attend Sales Team meetings to provide updates and contribute to the wider activities of the Sales Team.
As with any successful business, change happens, so responsibilities are likely to evolve over time.
To be a Sales and Commercial Manager you need to be:
- Organised and have the ability to prioritise, delegate and manage duties effectively.
- An effective communicator, able to build relationships at all levels of the business.
- Commercially minded, understanding offers, incentives, events and the impact these have on the business and able to turn this understanding into positive action
- Have a true understanding of what it takes to succeed in a sales driven environment
- Warm, friendly and approachable and able to represent the business in a professional manner.
- IT literate, with a strong knowledge in Microsoft Office packages, in particular you must have an intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- An ability to analyse large amounts of data and use to identify areas for improvement.
- Confident, outgoing, fast paced, results orientated, structured and organised.
- Positive and upbeat with a “can do attitude”.
- Hardworking and self-motivated.
- Driven to work as part of a team.
- Flexible and adaptable.
Our six values run through everything we do, and we’ll expect that you are…
Proud: Proud of JW Lees, Our people, Our pubs, our beers and our food.
Savvy: Understands what matters, plugged in to the world and never afraid to admit when we’ve made a mistake.
Honest: We’ll always do what we say and always be straight with each other.
Passionate: You’ve got to love what you do, otherwise you shouldn’t be doing it.
Personal: Giving the personal time and attention to every customer and team member, no-ones a number here!
Together: True team spirit, no one-upmanship, in it together for the long term, helping all to succeed.
As a key member of the JW Lees family we will promise you a competitive package, fantastic team environment and supported development opportunities throughout your career.
Are you the Sales and Commercial Manager extraordinaire we’re looking for? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
First stage Group Assessments will take place on the afternoon of Tuesday 17th April 2018 at the Rain Bar, Manchester City Centre (Start time 2pm).
Apply for Sales and Commercial Manager - Middleton
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly