Lifeguard - London
Are you responsible, dedicated and looking for your first step into the Leisure Industry?
We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual with a strong swimming ability to join us as a Lifeguard. Qualifications aren’t necessary (but of course if you’ve got one, that’s an added bonus!), as we’ll put you on our in-house course, and fully support you through this to obtain your Lifeguard qualification and start work with us.
As a lifeguard (once qualified), you’ll be ensuring swimmers are safe and happy in the pool area by taking responsibility for the health and safety of our members and delivering a heartfelt service.
- Supervision of our members within the pool & surrounding areas, to ensure safety at all times.
- Enthusiastically engage with our members, providing outstanding service.
- Carry out daily checks such as water temperature & equipment storage.
- Cleaning duties to ensure safety, hygiene & pleasant area at all times.
- Additional activities to support club operation where required.
This role is Full time, working 40 hours per week. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business; specific shift patterns include 'earlies' (5am-2pm), 'lates' (2pm-10pm) and weekends (7.30am-3.30pm and 2.30pm-9.30pm).
What we can’t live without…
Confident in your swimming ability and your personable manner, you’re also keen to make the most of your qualifications (once you’ve passed the course with us) and your experience in a quality driven environment.
Specific requirements of successful candidate:
- Strong swimming ability is a must and willingness to take the course (we’ll fund this) OR;
- Current Lifeguard qualification and fully registered with either:
o RLSS- IQL National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
o HABC Level 2 Award in Pool Lifeguarding (QCF).
o STA Professional Award for Pool Lifeguard (QCF)
- Strong communication skills and experience in a customer facing environment.
- A friendly, calm and approachable nature with the ability to act quickly and effectively.
Why not master your trade in a diverse and fun environment. We’ll support you in this great new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. You’ll have a dedicated Manager and a supportive wider team to really set you up for success.
Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Complimentary VA health club membership for you & a buddy!
- Virgin Tribe – discounts on loads of Virgin products & services.
- 30 days holiday pro rata (including bank holidays)
- Birthday bonus day off (in addition to your annual leave)
- Pension contributions matched up to 5%