Business Development Manager - Cheshire
JW Lees has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join the growing team. We’re going further to brew great times. Want to be part of it?
It all started for us in 1828 and although we brew some delicious beers and run some magnificent pubs we know it would be nothing without great people. As a Business Development Manager, you’ll get the chance to shine, contribute to our success each and every day and our team will give you their full support to help you to rise to the top.
With barrels of personality and enthusiasm by the gallon, you’ll be an expert in communication and know how to work well as part of a team. Leading by example, your work ethic will set the bar high and you’ll be as interesting and exciting as our award-winning ales. Ideally a professional in your field or one in the making, you’ll remain super cool under pressure and have a passion for setting and delivering outstanding and memorable customer experiences.
The role is to assist our Hotel General Managers at the Alderley Edge Hotel and the Stanneylands Hotel to develop and execute a comprehensive hotel sales and marketing plan. Identifying new business opportunities and working with key agents and third- party providers to maximise accommodation, meeting and event sales at these two renowned Cheshire hotels.
- Working with our General Managers, to develop the 12-month sales and marketing plan for each hotel
- To deliver the business development activities outlined in the plan for both corporate and leisure business
- To identify and develop an agreed number of local corporate accounts (LCA’s) and to manage production and rate agreements
- To maintain a positive business relationship with key bookers and third- party agents
- To develop a positive business relationship with non-residential wedding and event venues local to each hotel
- To develop interesting, commercial and relevant promotional activities at each hotel
- To be social media ‘savvy’ and to monitor and contribute to social media output from each hotel and to monitor competitor activity also
- To organise and complete familiarisation visits with prospective clients as requested by the General Manager
- To complete a regular review of local competitors and to maintain a bank of relevant competitor information
- Work alongside key stakeholders within our hotels to ensure that sales and profit opportunities are maximised for all parties.
- Complete administrative tasks and contracts in a timely manner and optimise income streams.
- Produce a monthly business development report for each hotel which measures specific progress against the agreed 12-month sales & marketing plan
- Complete financial appraisals as required for different events.
- Identify key trends/markets to maximise business opportunities.
- Drive the marketing and advertising of the hotels to help drive sales.
As with any successful business, change happens, so responsibilities are likely to evolve over time.
To be a successful Business Development Manager you need the following attributes:
- A solid career to date in hotel, hospitality or event sales
- Experience of working in a multi-site environment (an advantage)
- Great organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, delegate and manage duties effectively.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels of the business.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Highly numerate, being able to analyse financial data to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Positive and upbeat with a “can do attitude” and strong work ethic.
- Hardworking and self-motivated, capable of working autonomously when required but also as part of a strong team to deliver Company and Divisional goals.
- Driven to lead, develop and continually improve the business.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about making sure every one of our customers has a fantastic experience.
- An unerring passion to help our hotels succeed in business – this will require real empathy, as well as exceptional listening and influencing skills.
- Responsible and trustworthy.
Our six values run through everything we do, and we’ll expect that you are…
Proud: Proud of JW Lees, Our people, Our pubs, our beers and our food.
Savvy: Understands what matters, plugged in to the world and never afraid to admit when we’ve made a mistake.
Honest: We’ll always do what we say and always be straight with each other.
Passionate: You’ve got to love what you do, otherwise you shouldn’t be doing it.
Personal: Giving the personal time and attention to every customer and team member, no-ones a number here!
Together: True team spirit, no one-upmanship, in it together for the long term, helping all to succeed.
As a key member of the JW Lees family we will promise you a competitive package, fantastic team environment and supported development opportunities throughout your career.
Are you the Business Development Manager extraordinaire we’re looking for? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
First stage Group Assessments will take place on the afternoon of Thursday 12th April 2018 at the Stanneylands Hotel, Wilmslow (Start time 2pm).
Apply for Business Development Manager - Cheshire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly