Projects Manager - London
Projects Manager (Full-Time / Permanent) - London Zoo
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL’s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
ZSL is seeking an exceptional candidate to be our new Projects Manager. This post is required to enable minor projects & major projects (<£500K to £6m) to be procured and managed through their life cycle. The successful candidate will be based at London Zoo, Regent’s Park Facilities Management department and will report to the Deputy Facilities Manager. There is a strong element of liaison with the animal department where this role is paramount to the success of any animal related projects.
The successful candidate is required to have proven experience producing specifications, plans, costs and oversee construction and installation work. The post holder will also ensure compliance with the current CDM regulations are met and take ownership managing projects within agreed timeframes as directed by the Senior Project Manager.
- Have obtained a City and Guilds or NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification within a building trade. Ideally the candidate would have a relevant project management qualification such as PRINCE or APM.
- Proven successful project leading experience and/or have a depth or breadth of knowledge and experience in a number of Project Management inter-related areas.
- Experience managing budgets, schedules, deliverables, and risks against the critical path ensuring quality processes are followed
- Experience guiding, supporting, and advising clients on the benefits and implications of proposed solutions.
- Experience of managing multiple priorities, projects, and relationships
- Proficient computer skills using MS Project and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are a prerequisite for the job.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills will are a prerequisite for the job.
Please note: This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week), permanent position reporting to the Senior Projects Manager. The post will be based at ZSL’s head office in Regents Park however, may occasionally require the post holder to occasionally travel to Whipsnade Zoo. Having a "can do attitude", solution-focused approach and the ability to make objective decisions under pressure will make you a success in this role.
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) by clicking the "Apply for this job online" button.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 1st April 2018.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.