Academy Manager - Liverpool
Academy Manager - Liverpool
Unique new opportunity to work within Airborn Academy, the first urban sports centre within the UK. We are an exciting, innovative leisure facility based just outside Liverpool City Centre looking for an experienced Academy Manager to be responsible for the day to day management of our sporting facility and activities which include freerunning, cheerleading, tumbling, trampolining and aerial skills.
Overview of the Role
As the Academy Manager you will lead a team of Reception and Coaching staff to consistently deliver a great customer experience.
This will include:
- Operational management of the Academy.
- Supervising the Reception & Coaching team, liaising and working closely with Senior Coaches.
- Ensuring qualifications are up to date and organising training and staff development.
- Customer relations and feedback.
- Ensuring a safe environment for customers and staff and compliance with health & safety procedures and legislation.
- Maintaining a high standard of presentation of the facility.
- Monitoring of class numbers and review of the facility usage to help drive future planning and marketing goals of the Academy.
- Scheduling timetables, new classes, day time bookings and events.
- Financial responsibilities including oversight of daily cash-ups, review of weekly takings; timesheet management, facility overheads and expenses.
- Staff rotas, team meetings, staff performance and reviews, managing annual leave & sickness absence and dealing with HR issues.
- Overseeing marketing and networking, including social media, to actively promote the Academy and activities.
The Ideal Candidate
- This is an ideal role for a passionate individual who has already been working in a similar Leisure Manager position for at least 1 year or for an Assistant or Duty Manager ready for that next step up in their career.
- Experience in running busy shifts and co-ordinating a leisure facility.
- Awareness and appreciation of physical activity and a sports culture environment.
- Ability to remain calm and pragmatic when managing conflict.
- Strong communication skills.
- Personable, approachable and a strong team player.
- Enjoys working with customers of all ages and strives to exceed customer expectations.
- Has a proactive and energetic approach to work.
- Excellent time keeping, the ability to lead from the front and demonstrate role model standards and behaviour.
- Is an ambassador for the Airborn Academy.
- Will report directly to the company Directors.
- Flexible working but evening and weekend working are required.
- Full-time preferred but there is the flexibility to work a minimum of 28 hours per week for the right candidate.
- Salary 20-23k, dependant on experience (pro rata for part-time hours).
- Company pension scheme.
- Free onsite parking.