Deputy Manager - Manchester
Deputy Manager - COSMO Manchester
The Deputy Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the restaurant, including the selection, development and performance of employees.
In addition, they assist the General Manager in overseeing the inventory, optimising profits and ensuring that guests are satisfied with their dining experience as well as maximising business profitability and contribution.
They oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant and make final decisions in the absence of the General Manager on matters of importance and to obtain profit contribution by managing staff; establishing and accomplishing business objectives whilst maintaining the highest standards of customer services according to strategy of COSMO.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimise costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labour costs by following company budgeting procedure in regards to conducting weekly stock takes, reporting inventory counts accurately and scheduling adhering to company COL budgeting needs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Develops strategic plan by studying financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives
- Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by adhering to COSMO plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Adhere to company standards by carrying out weekly stock takes and reporting inventory count as accurately as possible ensuring that COS budgets are achieved on a weekly basis.
- Adhere to controlling allocated COL budget by smart scheduling and coordinating staffing levels on a daily basis through management delegation to achieve required COL result at the end of the week.
Teamwork & People Management
- Attends all scheduled management meetings and brings suggestions for improvement in the business.
- Participates in monthly management meetings and clearly communicates with colleagues with regards to any service related queries.
- Maintain a good working relationship with management team
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Interview hourly employees. Direct hiring, supervision, development and, when necessary, termination of employees.
- Conduct orientation/induction, explain the COSMO Philosophy and oversee the training of new employees.
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
- Recruits talent and ensures all members of team are trained to C.H.A.M.P.S company philosophy
- Polish cutlery and ensure items are correctly organised and tidy at all times at the servers’ station.
- Serve alcoholic beverages ensuring adherence to the existing Premises License and existing UK legislation
- Ensure that pre and post service requisites are met and “Server Opening and Closing Procedure Check-list” is completed
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of server station inventory and supplies
- Maintaining the product quality, by ad hoc checking buffet food quality
- Follow the correct opening and closing procedures
- Ensure consistent cleanliness of the restaurant area ensuring tables, chairs, high-chairs are keep clean and organised at all times.
- To monitor customers’ satisfaction by conducting consistent follow ups as per C.H.A.M.P.S philosophy laid in Employee Training Handbook
- Assist Manager in any other tasks required to ensure customer’s excellence and satisfaction
- Deals with customers queries and responds to customer complaints ensuring 100% satisfaction at all times.
- Ensure only washed and sterilized cutlery are used to laid the tables
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the front of house
- Report all equipment problems to GM
- Report all potential and real hazards immediately and resolve the once which do not require management attention immediately (i.e. clean spillages of the floor)
- To monitor the temperature of all bar fridges by filling out the Fridge Temperature Form (Bar due diligence) each shift.
- Serve alcoholic drinks in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003
- Have a general awareness of Health and Safety in relation to all tasks and activities undertaken in the department as per Employee Training Handbook
- Solid experience in similar position or at least equivalent, talented Assistant Manager is also welcome as full training will be provided
- Must possess the ability to recognise a problem when it arises and be able to resolve it appropriately by using good judgement, tact and initiative according to company policy and procedure
- Experience in managing both Front and Back of House Team members
- Be able to work in a fast paced restaurant environment
- Customer service focused
The right candidate should ideally posses the following qualification/certification:
- Health and Safety Level 2
- First Aid
- Fire Marshall/Warden
- Personal Licence